Dinged up my M4 Tigress

Here are some of my comp cutters.

the top one is my current comp knife . CPM M4 wt 28 oz .310" thick
I am trying a new edge geometry with this knife and so far so good.

the middle knife is my previous comp knife and was used to set a new 2x4 record. CPM M4 wt 28 oz .310" thick

the bottom knife is my trainer and 2x4 derby knife . 52100 32oz
.350" thick
Dan

http://i878.photobucket.com/albums/ab343/DanKeffeler/S5002280.jpg

Wow, those are Beasts, Dan! And in M4 too....

Hope you don't mind me reposting the image:
S5002280.jpg

Man, those things are beasts! :thumbup: I need to get me some .320 M4 :D

Here are some of my comp cutters.

the top one is my current comp knife . CPM M4 wt 28 oz .310" thick
I am trying a new edge geometry with this knife and so far so good.

the middle knife is my previous comp knife and was used to set a new 2x4 record. CPM M4 wt 28 oz .310" thick

the bottom knife is my trainer and 2x4 derby knife . 52100 32oz
.350" thick
Dan

http://i878.photobucket.com/albums/ab343/DanKeffeler/S5002280.jpg

Wow, those are cool!! Glad you could join us here in Ban's forum! If you don't mind me asking, what kind of handle material is that? Looks interesting. :thumbup:

Now I'm pumped to test out Ban's comp chopper tomorrow.

Yep. Looks like it to me :thumbup: I need to try something with a angled handle like that.

Dan and Jose,

How do you guys like the angled handle configuration compared to a straighter one. Would like to hear your thoughts regarding the advantages and disadvantages of the angled handle.

Dan and Jose,

How do you guys like the angled handle configuration compared to a straighter one. Would like to hear your thoughts regarding the advantages and disadvantages of the angled handle.

The angled handle keeps my wrist and for arm in a more powerful and stable position when chopping.

Dan

The angled handle keeps my wrist and for arm in a more powerful and stable position when chopping.

Dan

That makes sense, it keeps your wrist from being canted forward. It also depends on your height and the height of the chopping table. We have to find the specs for the table online, think ours is built too high.

That makes sense, it keeps your wrist from being canted forward. It also depends on your height and the height of the chopping table. We have to find the specs for the table online, think ours is built too high.

Yeah we need to find out the the proper height of the table. Our existing one feels a bit too tall for me as well.

Dan and Jose,

Ban,
I feel that a 17-20 deg drop in the handle is helpful to maintain proper wrist alignment and decrease the extension needed to complete the cut. When I hold one of my blades out with my arm and elbow fully extended, the blade flows straight out. I do not need to flex my wrist to straighten the blade.

Back