Diomedes Industries - Fiddleback Hiking Buddy - Light Tan - Double Stitching - F/S

Diomedes Industries

Gold Member
Basic Member
FiddlebackHikingBuddy-Neutral003.jpg

Specs:

8-10 Ounce Leather from Wickett and Craig
Belt loop to fit 2 inch belts.
Double stitched with double stitching at both ends.
Weep hole for drainage in the field.
Light Brown edging.
Triple coated in Montana Pitch Blend and Neats foot oil (to darken it a bit).
1/2 inch welt for security.
Not fully wet formed as to fit your knife upon receipt.

90 dollars shipped and paypalled.
add 5 dollars if you want a matching removable Dangler.

FiddlebackHikingBuddy-Neutral002.jpg

ConvexAreteSheath002.jpg

First 'I'll Take it' Gets it.

TF

Last edited:
Hi TF,

I'll take it! That is the second offer, the blank cut. No dangler needed in dark brown. If this is not an option, then I'll take the light tan shown in this thread. I have to run for the moment and will be back on BF in a bit. Please advise how to proceed. Thank you kindly.

Mark

MAW,

The second one is yours. I can do a darker brown. Do you want Chocolate, Light Brown, or Medium Brown.

How does this color strike you? This is a Medium Brown - or Russet.

HikingBuddySheath001.jpg

Send 90 dollars to jmoulenbelt (at) hotmail (dot) com and I will get to work tonight! ;)

TF

Hi TF,

PayPal sent.

I'm thinking medium brown for the color. I think that should do it. Please let me know if you need anything else from me.

Thank you kindly.

Mark

MAW,

Pattern cut, burnished, welt cut, gluing welt up tonight - then stain - then let dry.

I will update when I get more done - I set the belt loop a little lower for a dedicated belt carry. You will like it!

TF

Thank you kindly for the updates TF! I sure hope the first sheath in this thread sells soon. I really can't believe it hasn't sold yet. Take care.

Mark

TF Good looking sheaths! :) I recently switched to the 8-10oz leather partly because of your sheaths and like it much better then the 10-12oz leather. Good stuff!!

Yes it is... I almost posted up yesterday to have you come over - but I figured you were BBQ'ing!

TF

Yes it is... I almost posted up yesterday to have you come over - but I figured you were BBQ'ing!

TF

That WOULD have been the plan. Wound up doing dinner in the oven! I walked out to find my pit has rusted through the bottom. Normally a quick foil fix on the bottom would have worked in a pinch, but then the centers of the tubular steel legs drooped. :confused: Time for a new pit! Just let me know when it's good for you!

DD

MAW,

Sheath is stained, glued, stitched and drying. I will edge it tomorrow and post pics. Ships by Friday.

TF

I communicate really well - but the sheath is for crap. ;)

Pics tonight - I am off to work.

TF

If that's crap, I shudder to think of what my last attempt would be categorized! Waaayyyyy beyond crap, crap to the 4th, massively crappilicious all come to mind. From everything I have seen, you are in great hands with any of Andy's supported makers, MAW. I do like the complex, simplicity to TF's sheaths.

DD

Except for J. Oeser's leather. Man - I wouldn't even let my dog chew on THAT junk. ;)

TF

I agree - I love the options Fiddleback customers have - all great quality.

Great Scott TF, the sheath is beautiful...just beautiful...and I am looking forward to receiving it! Thank you for keeping me up to date as well. It really has been my pleasure dealing with you. :thumbup: :D

Mark

If that's crap, I shudder to think of what my last attempt would be categorized! Waaayyyyy beyond crap, crap to the 4th, massively crappilicious all come to mind. From everything I have seen, you are in great hands with any of Andy's supported makers, MAW. I do like the complex, simplicity to TF's sheaths.

DD

You made me laugh there DD, "Waaayyyyy beyond crap, crap to the 4th, massively crappilicious all come to mind." :D

You are way right about this forum and Andy's supported makers. I couldn't be more pleased with Andy's knives and the sheaths from wildmanh and now TF. To boot, each of these individuals are above par and have great communication skills. Honestly, what more can I say. I am quite pleased.

Mark

Back