Diomedes Industries Hiking Buddy Sheath - For Sale.

I have for sale a custom made, double stitched, 8-10 ounce, light brown, stitched with synthetic sinew, and complete with a dangler.

It fits a Hiking Buddy like a glove.

I finished it today.

HikingBuddySheath001.jpg

HikingBuddySheath002-1.jpg

90 shipped.

First, "I take it" - gets it.

TF

I'll take it - please PM me your paypal adress.
Thanks!
"Bloody Bill"

Payment made; thanks again!

Last edited:
I seem to be getting back my like for making sheaths again. It took a while. I was BEYOND burned out.

I will put them up for sale as I make them. I will try to post them on Friday along with Andy's sales - that way you can order my sheath and his knife and make a informed decision.

They are going to be a trickle - not a flood (as I have a full time job, kids, and a wife).

TF

Cool. I wanted to buy it for Dad's HB, but his is the first scandi HB that Andy made and is slimmer scaled than current, I think. And he's not left handed....but I still wanted to buy it for him! Hard to pass up Tal leather of any kind...

I was excited to receive my new Diomedes Industries Hiking Buddy Sheath today - Thanks! It's my second (and not my last by a long shot) Talfuchre sheath and I'm still amazed what incredibly nice work he does - now I can't wait to receive the new Ironwood Hiking Buddy I purchased from Andy last weekend.

QUICK STORY: I was initially disappointed that the dangler shown in the pictures was not included with the sheath. Then I thought, "Wait a minute, someone who's this much a perfectionist in attention to detail with leather wouldn't make a mistake like that". Sure enough, when I ran back to the trash can and dug out the discarded box and brown paper, there was the dangler, neatly wrapped among the packing materials. D'oh!!! A lesson to be learned, I guess.

I was excited to receive my new Diomedes Industries Hiking Buddy Sheath today - Thanks! It's my second (and not my last by a long shot) Talfuchre sheath and I'm still amazed what incredibly nice work he does - now I can't wait to receive the new Ironwood Hiking Buddy I purchased from Andy last weekend.

QUICK STORY: I was initially disappointed that the dangler shown in the pictures was not included with the sheath. Then I thought, "Wait a minute, someone who's this much a perfectionist in attention to detail with leather wouldn't make a mistake like that". Sure enough, when I ran back to the trash can and dug out the discarded box and brown paper, there was the dangler, neatly wrapped among the packing materials. D'oh!!! A lesson to be learned, I guess.

Whoa!! Crazy story......then again, I would probably dumpster dive for some of T's work too.

Oh man WT - you had me scared bro. I was reading it saying "NO NO!!! CHECK THE WRAPPING!!!!"

Whew - I am glad you got it. Would love to see pics of the knife in the sheath when you get it. I am proud to have Bloody Bill with a few of my bits of leather!

TF

Back