Dirk Pinkerton GIVEAWAY winners

1st place for the Chad Nichols Hiro Hito pattern damascus necker: Rupestris with the name Corax.

First, thanks for the opportunity. Nice work Dirk :thumbup:.

I'm going to have to go along with the Crow/Raven theme too. It was the first thing I thought of as well.

Name - Corax (From Corvus Corax-Common Raven)

My quote: "No eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn" - Jim Morrison
It's simple. It isn't overly poetic, and I use it as motivation on mornings where I don't have to work and would rather stay in bed but there are fish out there that need catching and scenery to take in.;).

Another from Jim Morrison that relates to the potential name of the knife: "Death makes angels of us all and gives us wings where we had shoulders smooth as raven's claws. "
Don't worry, Dirk ignored his second quote. That second quote was related to the name he picked. It wasn't the quote he used as an entry.

2nd place for the hand made shrapnel knife. Quoting Dirk again here: "Shrapnel is what I call knives I make from scrap or "drops". The main idea is that I keep the design to the profile of the scrap as it is. I don't modify it. So, it is a completely unique and random knife." hunter s thompson with Garra.

I would name the knife the Poco garra (little claw in Spanish) or garra (claw in Spanish)

My favorite quote is from Dr Hunter S Thompson: "Call on God but row away from the rocks"
This quote is important to my whole family, it is fine to pray but even of you pray you have to put in the work to help yourself!

3rd place for the Meyerco Dirk Pinkerton design of your choice: Chuka with Falx.

Great contest, and thanks for the chance! I recently stumbled upon the awesomeness that is DDR, HTM, and Dirk Pinkerton. Loving the work from all of you!

For the name: I think the "Falx" would be an awesome name! It originally meant Sickle in Latin, but came to represent any curved, edged tool. It just sounds cool! Could even be the mini Falx. Also, the word sort of resembles Falcon, which comes to mind when observing the blade in question. (A Beauty, by the way).

For the quote: The quote that comes to mind is "Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." I think this quote is attributed to Confucius, but my late grandmother frequently said those exact words. She observed beauty, good, and positivity in everything she set her eyes on. In the years that I knew her, lived with her, and was close to her, I can honestly say I never heard a negative thing come from her mouth. She has been a huge example of seeing the good in everything. Our world is filled with it, it just takes some effort to see it.

Thanks for the opportunity, some great ideas and quotes thus far!

Gratz on all the winners.

So I thought of a simple way of making sure imposters don't message me claiming they won. I'm gonna contact the winners and have them provide me with a secret word in addition to their contact info so we can mail prizes.

Thank you both for the contest and the generosity! :thumbup:
I'll post pics and a review soon after receiving.

Damn, I didnt win this giveaway but I still have half a billion to look forward to in the mega millions :D Congrats to the winners

Hah, I just realized the secret word is redundant if people respond back to me through the forum private messaging, since I can see who the messages are coming from. Some people contact me through email though, so I guess in that case it would help me a lot. Anyways, still have to hear from two people.

Next contest will be up tonight or tomorrow. Two of them actually. One will be a standard contest, lasting 4 - 6 weeks. I'm thinking trying 4 weeks this time. People seem to get burned out. Prize = m390 Gunhammer. Second and concurrent contest, by nature of the beast, will be ongoing until Darrel likes what he sees in terms of an entry. Prize for that is a titanium Dirk Pinkerton neck knife of some variant.

Thank you both for the contest and the generosity! :thumbup:
I'll post pics and a review soon after receiving.

Ditto but my pictures will suck and my review will be poorly written, but I will give it a shot anyway! Thanks for the contest guys I am still in awe to win such a nice prize!

I'm honored to be among the chosen, thanks a bunch! Some great names and quotes were put out. A great thread to follow. Thanks again!

Damn, I didnt win this giveaway but I still have half a billion to look forward to in the mega millions :D Congrats to the winners

I've got tickets but might have spent all my luck with this win :p. Best of luck to ya.

Congratulations to the winners Rupestris, hunter s. thompson and Chuka!

This was not an easy choice but, it was a lot of fun! I appreciate everybody's participation. Some really good names and some very interesting quotes. I am looking forward to doing this again.

This was not an easy choice but, it was a lot of fun! I appreciate everybody's participation. Some really good names and some very interesting quotes. I am looking forward to doing this again.

Good on you, Dirk, for doing a giveaway.

Congrats Rupestris, Hunter S. Thompson and Chuka! Please take pics of your spoils!

I'm especially curious to see what this shrapnel knife will look like. Sounds like a rad idea, Dirk.

Thank you sir for running a contest with such great prizes!

Congrats Rupestris, Hunter S. Thompson and Chuka! Please take pics of your spoils!

I'm especially curious to see what this shrapnel knife will look like. Sounds like a rad idea, Dirk.

You and me both.

If you think you guys are curious you should be in my shoes :D

Winners should have there booty soon! All items have been shipped!

Received my Shrapnel knife today, just got off from a 24 hour shift, will post pictures tomorrow. I will say I am amazed at the knife!

And here's what I got in the mail today... Huge thanks to Dirk and Harkamus. I'm stoked
DP.jpg

Back