Dirk Pinkerton Shrapnel Knife (Giveaway Prize Pictures)

Sorry this has taken so long to put up but sometimes life gets in the way. The knife is fantastic! It is a kiridashi style knife with a point that can only be described as "needle-like" the knife handles very well for it's small size, with a ton of jimping on the handle of the knife which makes for a very positive grip on such a small knife. Any way on to the pictures:

photo.jpg

photo1.jpg
photo2.jpg

Woah, that is pretty freaking sweet. The texturing is a really neat touch. I like how unique it looks. Is it flamed or is that just reflection from the sun? It looks like a handy dandy little utility piece. Even more awesome that you can clip it to your keys. Thanks for sharing.

It's like the keyring dashi from hell!

Dirk really knocked it out of the park. Great knife, and great pics! Thanks for sharing, Hunter!

I just noticed the thing looks like a sewing needle...for threading zombie flesh.

I like how unique it looks. Is it flamed or is that just reflection from the sun?
I am not sure if it is flamed or not but those colors are there all the time. I wonder if it is intentional or a side effect of the texturing either way it is really cool looking!

I just noticed the thing looks like a sewing needle...for threading zombie flesh.
That is the perfect description of this knife!

It's like the keyring dashi from hell!

Dirk really knocked it out of the park. Great knife, and great pics! Thanks for sharing, Hunter!
Dirk really did hit a home run on this one! I don't think my pictures do it anywhere near the justice it really deserves!

Glad you like it!

This piece is actually a modified piece of Shrapnel. The piece had this basic outline. However, when I saw it, I had this image. Some OSS dagger, some kiri dashi.

Hark, you are thinking the same way I did when I made it. The short working name was just Needle but, maybe Zombie Needle would be better.

The coloring you see is the result of heat treat. I couldn't get into grooves easily to clean it up. So, when that happens, I just leave it. Some times it looks cool, sometimes it doesn't. this time through, I would say it is acceptable.

Back