Disappointed in Exotic Case Peanut

I just got my first Case (amber bone damascus peanut) and I must say that I too am disappointed. The finish is decent and it's a nice looking knife, but the pen blade was so stiff I almost broke my thumb nail trying to open it. After drowning it in Militec and doing some cleaning and knifesturbating it works alright, but not good enough. The pen blade also rubs against the liner pretty bad so there is always a flat spot on the blade. Also, the grind was the worst I have ever experienced in a brand new knife. There were even small dents in the edge in some places. I had to regrind it completely to make it work alright.

I paid almost $100 with shipping for it and for that price, it isn't even close to what you'd have the right to expect. It is my first and also last knife from Case.

Plus the company did not return 2 emails addressing the problems so I will never buy form them again and will not endorse their product. I have been told that their customer service is great when contacted over the phone but come on its 2008 and if a company can't be bothered to respond in writing then that shows a lack of customer service to me!
I contacted Case CS to inquire about haveing blades replaced (at my cost, obviously) on a vintage Stockman. They emailed me all the important info within 24 hours.

I just got my first Case (amber bone damascus peanut) and I must say that I too am disappointed. The finish is decent and it's a nice looking knife, but the pen blade was so stiff I almost broke my thumb nail trying to open it. After drowning it in Militec and doing some cleaning and knifesturbating it works alright, but not good enough. The pen blade also rubs against the liner pretty bad so there is always a flat spot on the blade. Also, the grind was the worst I have ever experienced in a brand new knife. There were even small dents in the edge in some places. I had to regrind it completely to make it work alright.

I paid almost $100 with shipping for it and for that price, it isn't even close to what you'd have the right to expect. It is my first and also last knife from Case.

That is a bummer I would call them and have them send you a replacement.

So many of us have had gritty dirty pivots. All of my Case knives came full of black gunk. Maybe we should tell Case to clean their knives a bit more.

Plus the company did not return 2 emails addressing the problems so I will never buy form them again and will not endorse their product. I have been told that their customer service is great when contacted over the phone but come on its 2008 and if a company can't be bothered to respond in writing then that shows a lack of customer service to me!
Rant off!

I contacted Case yesterday via e-mail about sending my Doctor knife in for repair(see earlier post). They sent me an e-mail reply this morning in less than 24 hours. I shipped the knife this afternoon to the Case Repair Center attention Shirley. Only time will tell just how good they are. So far I'm very pleased with the fast reply from their CS department.

Back