Discussion On Hostile Environments (pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey f#ckhead :))

Calling people names is a good thing or we would all be "Hey you". Great pics. Nice work. What kind of camera are you using?
Did that bookstore smell like cat pee and stale pipesmoke?

I once recruited and hired a hobo mercenary army in Atlanta to find another bum who smashed my window and jacked my GPS and they took me on a tour of their secret places. IT was pretty interesting.

I wonder if you have ever thought of having a homeless guy take you on a photo tour of your home town so we can see how the other half lives.

Ah hell...I really don't shive a git if people call me names, hell maybe some day I'll hear one I haven't heard before...

Thanks, on the times I don't care if people see me taking pics, I am doing free-hand longer shots, and most night shots it's a D3000, if I am going for discretion it's a little Canon A590is. This thread is a mix of both.

Nope, smelled like...books and incense...

I am working on something along those lines now. I have been down town making some new acquaintances... passing out some hand-warmers and stuff, and feeding a couple of the elderly couples I've met. Some down there have let me take their pictures even knowing I plan to post them. I was hoping I could post something like that here...it may be a bit controversial for other forums.

Please do post pics and let us know if we can help. Photography gives a voice to people who are ignored. Homeless, old, retarded, war stricken all have 'interesting" faces but very strong stories that we should all know about. Part of the DPx vibe is that we give a shit.

Great photo posts as always Mist. Thanks.

Thanks man, glad you enjoy the posts.

Better still, see if you can capture one. We could make it the forum mascot.

Some of them may not mind the thought of being a mascot...

I spend a lot of time wondering where all the ones I see out and about during the day go at night now. Our previous mayor got rid of the mission and ran them out of all the city parks because of being so close to the tourist areas.

I have a tight deadline on what I am working on right now, but then I'll get back to that in the evenings.

Please do post pics and let us know if we can help. Photography gives a voice to people who are ignored. Homeless, old, retarded, war stricken all have 'interesting" faces but very strong stories that we should all know about. Part of the DPx vibe is that we give a shit.

Thanks RYP, I appreciate that. I have been hearing some interesting stories lately.

I remember reading about that, thanks.

Brian where were the creek photos taken Chattanooga creek? Nice shots I find you threads as interesting as always

Brian where were the creek photos taken Chattanooga creek? Nice shots I find you threads as interesting as always

Thanks John, glad you find them interesting.

The sign is at Stringer's Branch where Dayton Blvd. crosses it, the first pic is Mountain Creek just north of Signal Mountain road, and the second pic is the storm water run off that runs between Renaissance Park and Cherokee Blvd. down there near the incubator.

I ended up with an unexpected tight deadline on another project but I'm looking forward to getting that bushcraft knife out in the field next week I hope....gotta do a break job on the truck this weekend :(

You should go out to the levy the last time I walked it it was amazing how much that creek changes in three miles East Ridge side was clean Shallowford road end was so nasty the smell was enough to knock you down. I know you will get to the knife when you get a chance, get me a couple shots when you do i would greatly appreciate it. you still need to come over so we can finish these other projects

You should go out to the levy the last time I walked it it was amazing how much that creek changes in three miles East Ridge side was clean Shallowford road end was so nasty the smell was enough to knock you down. I know you will get to the knife when you get a chance, get me a couple shots when you do i would greatly appreciate it. you still need to come over so we can finish these other projects

I need to get back out there and take some photos... but it's been years and I wouldn't even know where to park now. I'll get you some pics for sure :thumbup:

Great thread. Years ago the day I moved to Miami hurricane Andrew that night. Woke up the next day to a different place. Machetes all over. Cubans were cutting cars out of trees and trees out of cars. Everything was sold out. It was crazy

Great thread. Years ago the day I moved to Miami hurricane Andrew that night. Woke up the next day to a different place. Machetes all over. Cubans were cutting cars out of trees and trees out of cars. Everything was sold out. It was crazy

Hurricane Andrew was a mean one. At the time it hit I was up here in Tennessee, but my Grandmother lived in Hialeah, My aunt lived in Homestead, and my father was living on Soldier Key. I got to hear a lot of stories about it and they sent me news paper clippings. The next time I went down a lot of things looked different.

I was in Hialeah
I wish I could remember the street my Grandmother lived on but i just can't recall it. I liked that area, I miss going there. She had two big avacado trees in her back yard, we used to have avacados any way you can think of.

Just scrolled down looking at the pics. Please explain, what is a republican parking lot? I hope, it is not what I think it is. (Please excuse my ingnorance, I live in Switzerland)

Just scrolled down looking at the pics. Please explain, what is a republican parking lot? I hope, it is not what I think it is. (Please excuse my ingnorance, I live in Switzerland)

Not what you think...I think :) . They're not Republican parking lots but Republic parking lots. It is the name of the company that owns the vast majority of the parking lots in this town. I could do a picture heavy post consisting of nothing but one picture of each Republic parking lot in this town. They also have the city's tallest building.

DSC_8326.jpg

DSC_7875.jpg

DSC_7874.jpg

I like that. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back