Some of mine.

Wave mods:

15573136110_b80dc09637_c.jpg

15573139520_8210485aea_c.jpg

Opi handle & blade mods:

15398148537_778df65828_c.jpg

Scale mod:

14170958754_aaa10edd0f_c.jpg

Stripped & hand rubbed (LOL!) sating finish on this double edge dag, cut the double hilt off and sanded/polished:

15084478867_8cdd8ce15b_c.jpg

Choil mod on the 511, plus a strip job to remove the remainder of the coating, then cold blued:

15155180424_7ab17ecfcc_c.jpg

.45 Cal LBS on a ZT 301st:

15589987347_396697d51e_c.jpg

Heat anodized the clip on this SNG then blew up the pic in a photo app for kicks:

15589339109_e840fde8d0_c.jpg
[/url]

That's it for now... ;):thumbup:

Very nice Begg! Now it's truly yours... :thumbup::D:cool:

Whoa! Nice mods all around Czechmate! The Wave mods look great and the GB orange scale looks awesome!

And thanks, yes the Bodega feels like it's truly mine now:)

I have a recon 1 in XHP on the way, and I plan to do something like this with it. I will call it the "Sheepcliff mod". This is not my first mod; I have modded two voyagers to wharncliffes, a manix 2 XL to more of a "ParaManix", and refined the blade shapes of my endura, and resilience. But this Sheepcliff knife is going to be my perfect knife, I think. You know, the one knife to end my buying of more knives.... ;)

Recon%201%20XL%20Tanto,%20Sheepcliff%20Mod,%20to%20scale.jpg

But I seek advice on which taps to get in order to move the pocket clip; I have never tapped before, let alone tapping G10. And if anyone has any ideas on how to blacken the spine after my grinding and polishing is done, I would love to hear suggestions.

Thanks, Dave.

Last edited:
I have a recon 1 in XHP on the way, and I plan to do something like this with it. I will call it the "Sheepcliff mod". This is not my first mod; I have modded two voyagers to wharncliffes, a manix 2 XL to more of a "ParaManix", and refined the blade shapes of my endura, and resilience. But this Sheepcliff knife is going to be my perfect knife, I think. You know, the one knife to end my buying of more knives.... ;)

But I seek advice on which taps to get in order to move the pocket clip; I have never tapped before, let alone tapping G10. And if anyone has any ideas on how to blacken the spine after my grinding and polishing is done, I would love to hear suggestions.

Thanks, Dave.

I'd suggest Ferric Chloride or, if you can't find that Muriatic Acid & Hydrogen Peroxide should work. :thumbup:

Great looking mod ideas BTW.

Whoa! Nice mods all around Czechmate! The Wave mods look great and the GB orange scale looks awesome!

And thanks, yes the Bodega feels like it's truly mine now:)

Sorry I did not see this sooner; thanks for the compliments. :thumbup:

I'd suggest Ferric Chloride or, if you can't find that Muriatic Acid & Hydrogen Peroxide should work. :thumbup:

Great looking mod ideas BTW.

Thanks for the advice and encouragement. I really like your Voyager and Endura wave mods. Also, the orange scales on the Stretch (I think it's a stretch, anyway).

Thanks for the advice and encouragement. I really like your Voyager and Endura wave mods. Also, the orange scales on the Stretch (I think it's a stretch, anyway).

You're welcome and thanks for the compliments. :thumbup:

It's a Gayle Bradley.

Oh how I wish the Stretch came in M4! Guess I'll have to settle for HAP40. ;)

Yup.

I'd like a stretch in zdp, m4 or superblue; gotta say I don't know anything about hap40 whatever that is LOL. ;):thumbup::D Edit: just did a quick read, sounds interesting. :thumbup:

Pics of some of my past work.. :thumbup:

Refined the wave a bit on my endura a couple weeks again by grinding and polishing the spine to open the hook up a bit.

21518850924_e2a3eeba5f_b.jpg

Bamboo scales on a BM 586:
21574531936_76abc64598_c.jpg

Blue G10 on my TUFF:
21516588355_98212e9057_c.jpg

Three of my four waved knives:
20756608371_263650bb8b_c.jpg

16514419183_142e189e01_c.jpg

Blue/Black G10 scales on my Gayle Bradley:
19746799945_29c1ccff4f_c.jpg

The old orange scales (got rid of em!)
19501904101_60b1f25ce7_c.jpg

Future thought (one of many LOL!)
20309268773_9e49a031db_c.jpg

Three of my four waved knives:
20756608371_263650bb8b_c.jpg

That's an interesting wave on the ZT... can't tell if it's just the lighting but it looks straight there? Does that actually work if so?

Good idea on the Matriarch! It should come like that from the factory.

i mod a lot of my knifes,mostly scales and clips are the things i like changing out,and polishing the liners/screws as well,makes it so i can call the knife my own!and feel its really mine.:cool:

That's an interesting wave on the ZT... can't tell if it's just the lighting but it looks straight there? Does that actually work if so?

It is straight; I contemplated rounding it similar to the sng & endura but like how clean it looks as is. Because of the forward angle towards the tip it works perfectly and catches the pocket seam nicely. :thumbup: My 561 has a heavy detent too. :D:cool:

edit edit edit

Last edited:
It is straight; I contemplated rounding it similar to the sng & endura but like how clean it looks as is. Because of the forward angle towards the tip it works perfectly and catches the pocket seam nicely. :thumbup: My 561 has a heavy detent too. :D:cool:

Very cool. I've got a 0561 en-route as we speak... not sure exactly what I'm gonna do w/ it yet, but it's gonna be a major overhaul of just about everything!

Thanks, Dave.
I would like to make something like this, use the thumb stud screw to hold it on.
wave-add-on_zpswubhnnep.jpg

Kybosshog, thanks for the suggestion. The recon 1 arrived a few days ago. Most of the work is done, and I ended up cutting a wave into the spine forward of the thumbstud. So I have three opening methods. Wave, thumbstud and flick. I might still consider making something like that if I can find a piece of metal suitable for it and if I can figure out how to bend and shape it. I am still pretty new at knife modding and metal working in general (aside from sharpening). I am at work right now, but will post a pic of my recon Sheepcliffe when I get home. I think I achieved close to the perfect balance between utility and pointy, more of a wharncliffe now, though, since I have refined the blade shape a bit more.

Last edited:
post withdrawn

Last edited:
Back