DIY training sword/machete?

I'm wondering if anyone's ever done this I'm making a machete. Someone recommended buying jigsaw puzzle floor foam tiles they sell at Harbor Freight cutting out a shape on to pieces and putting something like a hanger or thin piece of aluminum inside. I hear wooden dowels break a lot. I think it's made from neoprene rubber was trying to figure out what type of glue or contact cement to use then I thought about using strands of power cord and just stitching around the hangar or strip. I guess there's always duct tape but that could make it hard on impact.

I've made a few swords before with thin PVC and thick pool noodles but I'm trying to make a flat profile

You can get the various polypropylene "blue" knives and machetes for reasonable prices.

If you just want a foam swordy object the try Nerf ones.

iipsrv.fcgi

Just search "blue training machete".

Just use a real machete. You don't see these Haitian machete duelists using fake plastic machetes to train.

Take your PVC, hit it with a heat gun until it is pliable and crush it flat. Sandwich it with the Harbor Freight floor foam, hot glue it together, one wrap of duck tape, and then you are done.

Back