1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

DLC Manix 2 = WOW!!

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by testosterone325, Sep 15, 2013.

1. testosterone325

testosterone325

Jul 4, 2013
    A while back I got a trans blue Manix 2 lightweight and EDC'd it for a while to get a good idea of how it performed. I love that knife. So much in fact I purchased a second Manix 2 but with the black DLC S30V blade.

This thing is a whole new beast! It's built like a tank! It's hefty little thing and the blade lockup is ridiculously solid, almost like a fixed blade. Just from looking at pics online, nothing could prepare me for the quality of this knife. I guess I expecting it to be similar to my lightweight version, but with G-10 handles and a different blade steel with a hollow grind. Boy was I surprised when I picked it up for the first time. The full steel liners really add weight to the knife but that isn't such a bad thing to me given how sturdy and rigid it is. I feel confident in using it for harder use applications. The ergos and aggressive grip feel wonderful in your hand. The only thing is some people may find it a bit heavy and wide for EDC use, but for me I like the heft and I think the size is great. Everyone has their own preferences.

I guess I was just surprised at how different it is from the lightweight version. I absolutely love this knife! Even more so than my Paramilitary 2 if you can believe that!

2. Liquid Cobra

Liquid Cobra

Feb 17, 2013
    I couldn't agree more. It's probably the toughest spyderco I own. Feels great in the hand, even if it is a bit heavy. I'm glad you like yours. I like ffg as much as the next guy, but it's nice to mix it up with some hollow grinds every once in a while.

3. Munchy

Munchy

Feb 28, 2013
    My favorite folder, so far ;)
    I have both as well and I absolutely love the heft, feel, and look of that dlc manix 2

4. jstn

jstn Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 27, 2012
    I had one and sold it, and it was the one knife I regret selling the most. I will certainly be picking up another sometime.

5. Yo Mama

Yo Mama

Sep 25, 2011
    Now get the XL!

6. Veracious Coyote

Veracious Coyote

Jan 20, 2013
    I got the XL a few months ago. Great knife and has a commanding presence.

7. testosterone325

testosterone325

Jul 4, 2013
    Spyderco Dude, I know what you mean about the hollow grind. I'm a huge fan of ffg's but the manix's hollow grind is a nice change. I think it looks fantastic and it slices anything with ease, and it's insanely sharp. It's on a whole new level of sharpness compared to my PM2. Same steel and same coating but my Manix 2 for some reason has a significantly sharper edge that I just can't seem to get on the PM2. And my PM2 is pretty darn sharp. I can easily shave hair with it but it's just not the same. I can only attribute the difference to the grind.

Yo Mama and Veracious Coyote, indeed I need to get the XL!

Like I said I'm totally blown away by this knife. While I love my lightweight Manix 2 and PM2, the standard G-10 version of the Manix is on a whole different level of quality and toughness.

8. racer88

racer88

Nov 4, 2010
    The Manix 2 is probably my favorite Spydie when it comes to how it feels when I grip it. However, it's a bit on the large side for my business attire (slacks) during the work week. I love the M2 lock, too.

Here's my Manix 2 family. Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic. Only one of them has the DLC blade #3 from the left.

[​IMG]

9. FearAgent

FearAgent

Sep 15, 2012
    Now when can we get a DLC XL?

10. Jibbles

Jibbles

Mar 6, 2013
    They've been out, but maniacal Spyderco dorks buy 15 at a time and drive the prices up. I may pick one up if I can find one under 150 again.

11. dsd5150

dsd5150

Oct 26, 2007
    I have the DLC combo edge and the non-coated plain edge both in S30V... Hands down my favorite hard-use EDC knives... Pair it up with a sheath from Wicek Leather and you can not go wrong...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. BenLong1018

BenLong1018

Apr 12, 2012
    I have a pretty decent size collection with Kershaws, ZTs, miscellaneous brands, and other Spydercos and the Manix 2 is still my favorite knife in my entire collection.