1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Do any other Axis knives "assist" the blade like the 530?

Discussion in 'Benchmade Knife Company' started by glocker199, Oct 1, 2013.

1. glocker199

glocker199

Mar 14, 2005
    I own several other Axis knives but the 530 I just bought is the first I've owned that activating the lock will actually flip the blade open like its under spring tension.

Pulling back quickly on the Axis bar will flip the blade to the open, locked position with zero wrist movement. None of my other Axis knives (Grip, Mini Grip, 710, 707...) even wiggle the blade when I pll back in the lock.

Do any other non-assisted, non-auto Axis knives do this or is it unique to the 530?

2. jkarp_53

jkarp_53

May 25, 2006
    My 530 flips really well, based on how the pivot's adjusted. In addition, backing off the set screw on the stop pin can also relieve some of the opening pressure and make the knife even easier to open. I like the 530 a lot!

3. The_Iron_Joe

The_Iron_Joe Knifemaker, Jeweller Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 3, 2012
    Not to my knowledge. If you wanted to find out for sure, just check some pictures of other BM knives and look in the axis lock gap... if you see contact between the blade and pin, it'll act the same way as the 530. Sorry I don't know for sure!

4. Blade-fiend

Blade-fiend

Apr 11, 2013
    my 527 does it as well as my 530 but not to the same extent. the 527 only comes out a small amount compared to the 530 when pulling the lock down.

5. Jastab

Jastab

Jan 31, 2013
    Not an axis lock, but my opportunist flys open. I actually thought it was assisted at first. Great little knife! !!!!!

6. Lennyo3034

Lennyo3034

Nov 27, 2012
    I noticed this on my 530 as well. Wish more axis lock knives did this. Reminds me that I need to carry my 530 more often.

7. aquaman67

aquaman67

Jan 27, 2012
    I own a 530 and I never knew that. Kind of a neat trick.

8. jlwatts3

jlwatts3

Mar 5, 2012
    Same here. I actually have one in my pocket right now. It seems like an under-rated knife, light-weight and slim with a functional blade shape.