Do I need a Chapparal?

Well I just got my Chap in hand and I must say, I am very impressed. I do not have much to base my opinions on as this is the 2nd knife I have ever purchased (first was Dfly 2), but it feels great in the hand. It is in my pocket right now, in jeans, and I dont even notice it is there. That is one thing I was worried about, but boy is it easy to carry. The action on the knife is very smooth. Although the handle is similar in length to the Dfly, it packs such a bigger punch. The thin blade does not bother me bc i dont plan on doing any heavy lifting. I am a law student, but wanted a nice looking knife that I would have no qualms about carrying around, but also big enough to put it to use when the time comes, and I am very pleased with my purchase.

Only downside is that it is so small and light in my pocket that I may end up returning my Dfly 2. Thought i would keep the Dfly since it is so small, but the Chap is great. F+F is great, blade is perfectly centered. No complaints. I am at work right now, but will try to take some pics this weekend.

Glad to see the Chapparal has met and it appears exceeded your expectations!

Chapparral is a fine little knife. Smooth like butter. I can't wait for the Titanium version comes out!

I plan on taking better, HQ pics at some point, but i snapped a few with my phone earlier for the EDC thread. Figured I'd share one of them here too. Knife is fantastic. Honestly cant tell its in my pocket when i am rocking it

chapcart4.jpg

Does anyone have pics of the blade's spine on this knife as compared to another Spydie (I don't care which one - Sage... Para-2... Delica... Dragonfly)?

I've heard mixed reports as to how thick the blade-stock is on this guy and I'd love to see a comparison if someone has the knives/time.

Appreciate it very much in advance.

I took a photo this morning comparing the Chap with my Dfly, but the above pictures are much clearer. Although I have not put my Chap to much use so far, I could not be happier with how it feels in my hand/pocket. :D:p:thumbup:

Man, I wish I knew about these before I got my Mini Grip... I might have gotten this instead :mad:

Back