Do the One-Piece Knives have a Convex edge?

I'm just wondering because I'm thinking about buying a Mountaineer II, but I've heard that convex edges are diffecult to sharpen.
How do you sharpen a convex edge??

Thanks!

Jeff

My take was that you can use the white stones of the sharpmaker for quite a while to just realign the edge without really sharpening. Or you can strop the blade on charged leather. Its all it needs for quite a bit of time. You are not really removing metal, just aligning the cutting edge.

If you want, Reeve steel is not so hard Rc wise, that sharpening it yourself to a V grind later is impossible. I have not got to that point yet. Cliff stamp and others have detailed on the forums how to sharpen a convex edge in some detail. A search of convex edge sharpen will turn this stuff up.

The convex edge thing made me leery as well, but I decided the Rc of Reeve knives made putting a V grind on them later possible. I would not want to do it by hand on something like Busse Infi steel.

But again Reeve recommends the sharpmaker, white stones to align the edges and that should make it last a long time. Its also dirt cheap to send it back to CRK to put a perfect edge on it if you want. I would buy it. Great knives.

Back