Do they still make the thick spined (1/2") AK?

Bruise, I would like to know too. My 15" AK has a 1/2" Spine, a 2" belly and waight about 1.7 pounds.:) What I'm tryiing to say is; I like Heavy AKs:D

There was a two pounder Chirwa AK that Chris grabbed the other day. .. boy it was a beauty too. ... I think it was a 1/2" spine. They are still around.

Alan

Both my 15' AK and 16.5' Chiruwa AK -about 2 months old or so- are at least 1/2' thick.

The 15' is Kesar and the 16.5' is Bura. Forgot to mention that.

Originally posted by eraaij
Both my 15' AK and 16.5' Chiruwa AK -about 2 months old or so- are at least 1/2' thick.

Exact same story here. Both of mine are Sanu's.

There was a two pounder Chirwa AK that Chris grabbed the other day. .. boy it was a beauty too. ... I think it was a 1/2" spine. They are still around.

Yeah, that one almost killed me to let it go:( If I had had any way to pay for it I would have snapped that sucker up:) That is one khuk that is in 2nd place on my "must get" list--right behind a Sanu or Bura YCS:D

The Chiruwa AKs are NIICE.:) But I want a horn handled Chiruwa style WWII more:D *drool*

Gentlemen, I just measured my 15" AK at 7/16". The 18" is advertised as a 1/2 incher, and the 20" is listed at 9/16" thick. Hope this helps a bit.
:) :) :)

I probably just have to request one that is thicker. :) Another one to add to the list.

They vary and I don't mind that. As mentioned, different strokes for different folks. We made a 25 inch AK that was 7/8 thick as a special order. Can't remember what it weighed but I think about 7 or 8 pounds.

I agree. Different weights for different people. I just received an 18" AK by Bura that is 7/16" thick and 28.3 oz. I guess this is thinner than normal, but this one is exactly what I was looking for. After it arrived I went to the beer distributor to buy a case of Heineken in Uncle Bill's honor and to celebrate getting a Bura but the stuff is $9.00 a case more than Yuengling (Pottsville PA) and after spending $145 for a knife I had better conserve.

Originally posted by Bill Martino
We made a 25 inch AK that was 7/8 thick as a special order. Can't remember what it weighed but I think about 7 or 8 pounds.

...slowly approaching an axe or wedge in size! :D

I can't imagine what it would take to wield that blade on a daily basis! :eek:

Dan

The fellow who ordered that 7/8" thick AK had previously ordered a 22 incher at about 3/4 inch thickness and claimed it was too light for him.

Originally posted by Bill Martino
The fellow who ordered that 7/8" thick AK had previously ordered a 22 incher at about 3/4 inch thickness and claimed it was too light for him.

And we call him "Sir." :D

Back