Do you believe in animal sacrifice?

I stand guilty....

ramhead.jpg

Pommel For a VERY large sword?

Use sheep/ram horn for the handle scales.....:)

I used the body for a nice Gyuto handle. Not sure what to do with the heads. :)
They burn real nice....

I too am an active participant in this cult. Came home from a show in July with this pelican and a dolphin too. I traded a lady two knives and a holster for them. My daughter in law said I was crazy what was I going to do with these? Stick em on the bar in the cantina?

Nope knife handles:

B4NrXfW.jpg

fXbdee1.jpg

e46QLjE.jpg

YuCf3XV.jpg

Pretty nice ironwood under that old bird's exterior.

This tiger caught my eye in a thriftstore. It is heavy and the stripes go all the way trough the wood, it is not just on top.
I think it is Macassar Ebony and that there are a few good knife handles in it.
Untill I cut it up, it has a special place in my work shop, looking over my shoulder.
I think it is so ugly that it starts being charming.

Maybe we should have a friendly competition, who has the ugliest wooden figure to cut up :D

IMG_20171124_085646.jpg

IMG_20171124_085659_1.jpg

Looks like Macassar for sure. Very nice piece too. And ugly as all heck. I agree, I'd have a hard time cutting that up. That could be a family heirloom! :)

I think I have a couple of entries for this contest. But man, you are 10 lengths ahead out of the gate with that one. Maybe if you put a pink ribbon around his neck, unbeatable!

Go carefully guys. Animal sacrifice can be like a gateway drug.
I am contemplating the unthinkable...

heads.jpg

These are being guarded, but the threat is minimal...

alligator.jpg

Sure hope your wife didn't get the wrong idea when you told her that you were going out to look for a little head. :eek:

Back