Do you carry your knife because you need to........or you want to.......

And rarely need it.....?

Or do you carry because of habit ?

Or you just want to have a knife on you just in case ?

This could be a deep well.......I got swimmy headed trying to figure this one out......:confused:

Thanks for any thoughts on this.

Robbie Roberson. ;)

It's all about the warm and fuzzies! I use mine pretty often, but mostly carry one out of habit.

Phone, keys, wallet, knife and lighter. Can't leave the house without those.

"Better to have and not need than to need and not have." Hey, Robbie! How ya doing? :)

Watch, bracelet, recon wrap, wallet, Com-Tech Stinger, keys, phone, ... and a knife. Which knife varies. There's always a Victorinox Classic on my keyring. Since a friend gave me a SOG Escape, that gets a lot of carry time. Very solid, with the serrated blade, glass breaker, and strap cutter, it's handy.

http://www.sogknives.com/tactical/knives/escape-hardcase-black-partially-serrated.html (Mine's uncoated.)

Robbie,

I assume you mean "carry in a pocket" ??

These days I don't carry anything in my pockets except car keys. I do carry in my car: 1) a big fixed blade in the trunk; 2) another fixed blade on the floor behind the seat; 3) a couple of very small folders in the glove box.

But nothing at all on my person.

Cheers,

NPH

I carry a Knife because I want to and feel lost with-out them in my Pocket or on my Belt ( Gerber Belt Buckle Knife W/Scrimshawe of Wild Turkey on it ) & a Spyderco Delica ZDP189 W/Clip in right front pocket.!** Always have those two on me plus sometimes a few others.^^

Both.
It's generally there because I want it, but occasionally I actually need it...and it's already there. :)

All of the above. And it's better to have one and not need it than need one and not have it.

Need it. There's never a day that i don't use a knife. Which one i carry is usually the newest one to test how it functions and how well i like. But after a couple weeks go back to one i like best.

I carry a Victorinox Climber everyday because I need it. The big locking knife (usually of these four: Spyderco Manix2, Endura4, SOG Aegis or Flash II) is just because I want to.

I need to. For environment and healthy reason I have to damaging the food and beverage packaging from what I consume (like pipe and water cup). Because if its not, some people in my neighborhood would clean it up and sell it to a fence for resale to consumers. Disgusting, right? That is why I need the knife. And knife with blade (big and small) and scissor would be better :)

I carry because I need it for simple tasks. My main folder is a lone wolf waved spyderco endura 4 armorers tool knife. I do some gun modifications as a side business and the built in punch works great for driving out pins and such. I can use it as a defensive weapon also if needed.

I carry a knife primarily because I'm used to doing so, though I frequently need one for some small task, and I often don't know in advance when that need will arise.

Both i usually carry one beater that im not afraid to thrash on and then one ill carry cause its a fun, looks nice, or one that's nice and impressive

I want to have the need to carry my knife, and I need to want to carry my knife, or my actions and emotions would perpetuate themselves into a Mobius-strip-like circus nightmare.

Both i usually carry one beater that im not afraid to thrash on and then one ill carry cause its a fun, looks nice, or one that's nice and impressive
I carry because I want to, maybe ego, and I need to. I only carry one though, right now a Spydie Persistence. I have left her behind once or twice and encountered situations where I reached for my girl and she wasn't there and lesson learned, I needed her and she wasn't there. So, by experience both!

I've carried a pocket knife for ~40 years. Rare is the day I don't use it. It's a tool like a watch or a pen.

Back