Do you love knives, but have difficulty finding uses in your lifestyle?

[QUOTE="cchu518, post: 19391128, member: 33970]

...All the far left folks go nuts when they hear you are 2A friendly in the NY/NJ area.[/QUOTE]

I am not moving there. I wouldn’t have any friends and I’m pretty sure my neighbors would hate me because I’m a second amendment supporter.

Halloween is now long past but the giant bag-o-candy I bought is still kicking.
My 11yr old girl finds the new plastic mini bags impossible to open so she holds them
for me to slice with a knife. Most of you would LOL as she now critiques how sharp
the edge is as I slice it!!! I am using a different knife every time so it is starting
to be comical. She really liked the ZT 0470 Sinkevich flipper...and remarked that it was...
and I quote "that was deeply satisfying." I almost lost it. She found the Kapara excellent
as well.

Probably the best use my knives get all week...definitely my favorite!!!

Halloween is now long past but the giant bag-o-candy I bought is still kicking.
My 11yr old girl finds the new plastic mini bags impossible to open so she holds them
for me to slice with a knife. Most of you would LOL as she now critiques how sharp
the edge is as I slice it!!! I am using a different knife every time so it is starting
to be comical. She really liked the ZT 0470 Sinkevich flipper...and remarked that it was...
and I quote "that was deeply satisfying." I almost lost it. She found the Kapara excellent
as well.

Probably the best use my knives get all week...definitely my favorite!!!
I can’t think of a more enjoyable way to use a folding knife.

Living in the people’s republic of Oregon in its ideological capital portland, but came from mass ass a choose it. Even in the outskirts of portland I find daily use for a small portion of my knives, generally taming blackberry canes while on nightly dog walks. The three inch and bigger blades like PM2 and military fit that bill wonderfully. They also work well at the occasional steak house. On hikes outside the city I’ll carry a fixed blade like a ka bar.

I've been a farrier in CA. for 43 years (SLO County) Always carry a knife. Always.
Has to be able to cut something substantial as well.
Never know when you may need to cut down a choking, or trapped horse.
Maybe one day I'll write a book about horse wrecks.
The flat hat buckaroo from Tehachapi knows. LOL!
I do, however, still have some knives that don't have a lot of stink on them for going out with the missus.

I've been a farrier in CA. for 43 years (SLO County) Always carry a knife. Always.
Has to be able to cut something substantial as well.
Never know when you may need to cut down a choking, or trapped horse.
Maybe one day I'll write a book about horse wrecks.
The flat hat buckaroo from Tehachapi knows. LOL!
I do, however, still have some knives that don't have a lot of stink on them for going out with the missus.

Howdy, welcome to the forums! This is going on over in Traditionals right now:

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/a-very-long-true-traditional-knife-story.1696417/

Back