Do you use your damascus?

I don't have any knives with damascus blades yet, but I'm sure I will purchase some in the future. I would like to know, if you folks who own some, use them or just enjoy owning them. When I get my first damascus blade, I don't know whether I'm going to use it or not. It would make a great letter-opener, but I think I'd do at least a little bit of actual cutting, since a fine blade deserves it.

Jani

no no no! but not sure if I would would would, if I could could could, but I can't can't can't....cause I don't have, have, have one either!
redface.gif

Jani,
Absolutely! I have a fairly rare Buck (110DM) folding hunter in damascus with a stag handle as well as a custom damascus knife made by Guy Hielscher of Alliance, NE. Both are real lookers as well as users. I don't like having a knife I can't use.

------------------
-=[Bob]=-

I did NOT escape from the institution! They gave me a day pass!

Bob,
You really ought to consider selling me that 110. I promise to put it to good use. It would be great company to the 110NE you sold me
smile.gif

------------------
~Greg~

Greg,

Tell you what... if I get another lead on a '89 or '90 110DM I'll tip you off. BTW you might try Northwest Knives and Collectibles web page. They had one recently at $125 if I'm not mistaken.

That 110NE was hard to part with... quite an attractive piece but I wasn't using it and knew how much someone like you would appreciate it.

-=[Bob]=-

To date, there is only one damascus knife in this house and it is my wife's (mine is still in the making). She uses it daily as a workhorse on the job (mostly slashing open boxes and stripping wire). I got it for her for christmas and have only just recently had to sharpen it. And whoo boy did it take an edge! Easy too! The steel BTW is L6 and O1 (by Darrell Ralph).

A. Dale McLean
<A HREF="http://www.nt.net/~admclean/Index.htm" TARGET="_blank" >ADaM Sharps Cutlery - Canadian Knife Dealer</A>

Jani,

I have several Damascus knives that I use and they are hard to beat for beauty, edge-holding & ease of sharpening. Tim Zowada is one of the best Damascus makers out there IMHO!!

Jani,

I have several Damascus knives that I use and they are hard to beat for beauty, edge-holding & ease of sharpening. Tim Zowada is one of the best Damascus makers out there IMHO!!

Back