Does any one out there have any simmons hardware or keen kutter knives?

Glenn,
I was looking through this thread for an example of this jack, thought you would enjoy seeing one in a little better condition, it's well used but has less blade loss.

mFXrHSm.jpg

Ny7pyAM.jpg

That's a dandy, thanks for sharing it!

Beautiful cattle knife, Steve, full blades and great bone.:thumbsup::thumbsup: Is there a pattern number stamped on the back of the master blade? Thanks for bumping this thread back up.
Stunning Wharncliffe whitter, Augie, a great pattern!:thumbsup::thumbsup: Lovely celluloid in great condition.
Lovely pen knife, Gus.:thumbsup::thumbsup: Is there a pattern number on it?

Beautiful cattle knife, Steve, full blades and great bone.:thumbsup::thumbsup: Is there a pattern number stamped on the back of the master blade? Thanks for bumping this thread back up.

No pattern number. I have a Keen Kutter book and the only one I can find that has the same blade load is the K3553 but it is listed as 3 3/8" and mine is 3 5/8". Maybe a misprint.

danno50 danno50
View attachment 1524744
looks like it’s
C1881
Thanks!

Gus, it is more likely a 01881. Below is a pic of a cut from a 1930 catalog reprint. The scans of the some of the pages from the 1912 KK catalog and most of the pages from the 1917 KK catalog are in the sticky on catalogs at the top of the Traditionals Forum home page.

RIMG2395.JPG

No pattern number. I have a Keen Kutter book and the only one I can find that has the same blade load is the K3553 but it is listed as 3 3/8" and mine is 3 5/8". Maybe a misprint.

Steve, it could also be a 3278 or a 3378. Sellens lists them as having a spear, clip and a spey blade. The pic in his book has the spear blade hiding the tip of the spey. Both knives are listed at 3 5/8". The 3278 has German silver bolsters and the 3378 has steel bolster. Below is the entry from the 1917 KK catalog (from the sticky at the top of the Traditionals page).

kk2330.jpg

Steve, it could also be a 3278 or a 3378. Sellens lists them as having a spear, clip and a spey blade. The pic in his book has the spear blade hiding the tip of the spey. Both knives are listed at 3 5/8". The 3278 has German silver bolsters and the 3378 has steel bolster. Below is the entry from the 1917 KK catalog (from the sticky at the top of the Traditionals page).

View attachment 1525242

Thanks Dan, I found it in my book. I must of missed it because of the Spey hiding. It's a 3278 with German silver Bolsters :thumbsup:

Two tip bolstered pen knives in whittler configurations I picked up recently at the OKCA show. I love finding these early Keen Kutters with the etched pattern numbers. The pearl is engraved on the back with "Hamilton (Mason symbol)-274 - 1853 - 1913.

Back