Does anybody have a Henry US Survival AR-7?

Fletcher Knives

STEEL BREATHING BLADE MAESTRO
Anybody got a Henry AR-7 they need to get rid of? I'm in the market for one. Not really looking to pay MSRP or anything, but I want one. If you've got one of the newer style with the rail on top, and you want to get rid of it, let me know!

If that one in the trade forum doesn't pan out, I might be able to help you out.
I have one that I just don't get enough opportunities to use, so I might as well pass it along.
You can see pics of it in this thread, 3rd page:
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=726944&highlight=henry+rifle

Thanks bro. We'll see how it works out. Honestly I would REALLY prefer the black over the silver one, but hell, it's a survival rifle. Who the heck cares what color it is, right?

I had originally planned to get a black one myself, but the silver one was available right then, instead of having to wait six weeks for a special order, and at a discount. So I just went with it instead.
I experimented with wrapping the stock in camo tape at one point, but it looked like ass so I took it off.
They really are neat little rifles, just very ammo picky.

I had originally planned to get a black one myself, but the silver one was available right then, instead of having to wait six weeks for a special order, and at a discount. So I just went with it instead.
I experimented with wrapping the stock in camo tape at one point, but it looked like ass so I took it off.
They really are neat little rifles, just very ammo picky.

I've heard that they're really picky on ammo. I've got every kind of .22 ammo under the sun. What kind did you find worked in your rifle?

This is what I wrote at the end of that other thread.
So I got to take it out for its maiden shoot this morning and I can definitely confirm the ammo pickyness of it. I tried CCI mini-mags, Remington Vipers and some Remington sub-sonics. The mini-mags worked great and out of the 50 or so rounds of that I shot, there were zero malfunctions. The Vipers are a little bit higher velocity than the mini-mags but something about the shape and softness of the actual bullet caused them to jam about every other shot. The jamming would actually peel back part of the bullet jacket and make each round that jammed unusable. Finally the sub-sonics, although they had no problem feeding, they simply lacked the oompf to properly eject and I had to manually do so every round.
I've just stuck with using mini-mags since then.

Ok. That all sounds reasonable and about what I expected. When the Rem Vipers got messed up, was it due to the way the chamber was designed, or could you tell? Was the damage always in the same spot on the round? The reason I ask is because a lot of the time, .22's don't have an actual feed ramp and somethings that will damage the bullet or casing upon cycling and if you create a small bit of feedramp, it will clear that up. My Tec-22 had that problem.

Ok. That all sounds reasonable and about what I expected. When the Rem Vipers got messed up, was it due to the way the chamber was designed, or could you tell? Was the damage always in the same spot on the round? The reason I ask is because a lot of the time, .22's don't have an actual feed ramp and somethings that will damage the bullet or casing upon cycling and if you create a small bit of feedramp, it will clear that up. My Tec-22 had that problem.

It was a combination of the two. There is no feed ramp and where the barrel actually meets the reciever can catch a bullet that isn't rounded to the edge of the casing. The Vipers have a flat area around the tip that, unfortunately catches on the edge of the barrel most of the time.

It was a combination of the two. There is no feed ramp and where the barrel actually meets the reciever can catch a bullet that isn't rounded to the edge of the casing. The Vipers have a flat area around the tip that, unfortunately catches on the edge of the barrel most of the time.

I gotcha. I'm going to take it to the range tomorrow and run about 10-12 different kinds of ammo with all different velocities and bullets to see what works and what could be improved. Thanks for the info bud.

Back