• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Does Anybody Know DailyEDC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krinsky1965

Gold Member
I bought a knife from him 4 days ago and he disappeared the second I paid for it. I am new but did everything correctly and hopefully he is only away from his computer for a few days (or more) and I will hear from him soon. I used PayPal, if this deal goes South, what is my recourse? any suggestions?

Update; DailyEDC came through, he was having a site/computer issu. He sought me out and resolved the issue.

Thank you, DailyEDC

Last edited:
Did you use PayPal friends and family or goods and services?
Also post link to sale thread.
This information might help.
Andy

Goods and services-you will have no problem filing a claim for the return of your money
Friends & Family-most likely you are out of luck
If by chance you used a credit card for the PP, you may have options through the card.

I did not use F&F, everything on my end was done as it should be done. I have been able to find him on Instagram, Facebook and 1 other Knife site in 2 minutes and it appears he lives very close to me. I have his real name and I believe that no one would be stupid enough to try to burn people and leave such a flagrant trail of truth behind him. But people continue to surprise me every day..

I did not use F&F, everything on my end was done as it should be done. I have been able to find him on Instagram, Facebook and 1 other Knife site in 2 minutes and it appears he lives very close to me. I have his real name and I believe that no one would be stupid enough to try to burn people and leave such a flagrant trail of truth behind him. But people continue to surprise me every day..
Good deal if he doesn't contact you within I would say two days file for a refund through PayPal, lack of shipping will result in an automatic refund as long as he doesn't respond to PayPal, they will use him a few days to respond and as long as he doesn't your in the clear.

Good on you for using G&S!
Sent a PM letting him know about this thread. Hopefully he'll make an appearance.
Joe

Not to start any shit......BUT if it was me, I would have notified the seller if he'd like to sell me the knife HE is going to pay those fees.
Kills me when a seller asks for a buyer to pay HIS fees. Ugh. Nauseating. The fees are much closer to 3% also.
Sorry Krinsky.......hoping this turns out well for you my friend.
Joe

For what it's worth, I know (of) DailyEDC aka Jeff. He was very active on the USN, buying and selling a ton of high end knives. I recall seeing one negative feedback about him but it was a long time ago and he seems to have done a ton of deals there without anyone calling foul so maybe all will be well. I think he is on IG also?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not too worried about being reimbursed I am sure PayPal will take care of it.

Last edited:
Requiring the buyer to pay PP fees on top of the asked price is a violation of PP Terms of Service and grounds to be banned from PP. So simple to avoid. Do the &%^*&%$ arithmetic and add the fees into the asking price.

Requiring the buyer to pay PP fees on top of the asked price is a violation of PP Terms of Service and grounds to be banned from PP. So simple to avoid. Do the &%^*&%$ arithmetic and add the fees into the asking price.

Or.....just up the percentage to play it safe....ugh. Gotta figure if he sold all the knives listed, with an additional 4%, when the charge is 3%, he'd make a few extra bucks.
Don't deal with members demanding this!!
Joe

PS......he never responded to the PMs I sent.

An update on this thread...The day after I posted a few knives for sale, I couldn't bring up the bladeforums website. Hence, the comment about "He hasn't logged in since 11/27" That's because I couldn't. I have had the site not work for me many times in the past, receiving some error about the database, so I thought it was just the site acting up again. And I didn't think to look in my paypal account for the buyers address. Anyways, a few days pass and the site still isn't working and then I remember that I can find the info in my paypal account. So I ship and contact the buyers with the tracking info, as well as the guy who started this thread.

A question for anyone reading this:

Have you ever had a problem with the bladeforums.com website not working? So you try to go to the site, but instead of the site you receive an error message about the database. The current issue I was dealing with, wasn't due to the site not working but I've had the site not work for me before so I'm wondering if anyone else has ever had the site return an error instead of bringing up the site?

You can contact the original poster of this thread to verify my response and the amazing deal he got.

^^^
yes sometimes I get an error message. It usually is very temporary, but once in a while it is a larger problem that they are working on.

I bought a knife from him 4 days ago and he disappeared the second I paid for it. I am new but did everything correctly and hopefully he is only away from his computer for a few days (or more) and I will hear from him soon. I used PayPal, if this deal goes South, what is my recourse? any suggestions?

To answer your question, the best reason to use paypal and pay their fees, other than the technical ability they give us to process payments on the web, is for buyer protection. If a deal goes south, you can use paypal to dispute the deal and get your money back. It looks like you figured out how to use this service, you did the right thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back