1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Does anyone have a tutorial?

Discussion in 'Wilderness & Survival Skills' started by Triq, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Triq

Triq

Oct 1, 2009
    I have recently aquired a spoon knife and am having a little trouble putting an edge on it. I could use some advice on how to do this or if you know of a decent tutorial that would be great.

Regards,
    Ben

2. Fonly

Fonly

Sep 24, 2006
    dont have any crooked knives anymore, however my ceramic hone (was a cylinder) worked perfect, something of that nature it what you need. how bad is the edge?

3. Fonly

Fonly

Sep 24, 2006
  4. Triq

Triq

Oct 1, 2009
    It isnt badly damaged its just a bit dull for carving. The problem that im having is that its a full curl spoon kife so the curve is quite drastic. [​IMG] As you can see form the pic there isnt much more than a few mm at a time that can come in contact with the stone surface.

5. Esav Benyamin

Esav Benyamin MidniteSuperMod

Apr 6, 2000
    If you have an old leather belt or strap you can cut down and charge with a compound to make a strop, that will work. I've used a charged leather bootlace to strop a guthook.

6. Triq

Triq

Oct 1, 2009
    cool idea thanks

7. Tuxdad

Tuxdad

Feb 15, 2008
  8. TedPalmer

TedPalmer

Jan 27, 2003