1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone have experience with knives by Arno Bernard?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by JPricey82, Dec 8, 2018 at 5:19 PM.

1. JPricey82

JPricey82

Nov 28, 2018
    They look amazing, but I want to know how they perform before I pull the trigger on one. I've had my eye on the Sailfish model. I don't own anything in N690 steel, so I am wondering about that as well.

2. eisman

eisman Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 9, 2009
    Arno makes excellent knives. I've had a couple, but they got gifted to family who wanted them more. One of my cousins uses his on his trap line and works the heck out of it. You won't go wrong with one of them.

JPricey82 and strategy9 like this.
  3. Hard Knocks

Hard Knocks Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2012
    Speaking to the bolded part only, I don't own any Arno Bernard knives yet. But I've got a TRC XS Splinter in N690 and have been really happy with it. It holds a good edge and is a pleasure to resharpen.

JPricey82 likes this.
  4. Sharp & Fiery

Sharp & Fiery Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2012
    IMG_0477.JPG I also own an Arno, excellent knife. I use mine for big game cleaning. Its been great.

Hard Knocks and JPricey82 like this.
  5. strategy9

strategy9 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2015
    The reputation has become what it is for a reason, and their customer service is great as well...

JPricey82 likes this.
  6. evilgreg

evilgreg Why so serious? Platinum Member

Dec 25, 2012
    My most carried small (and I mean small) fixed blade is an Arno Bernard and I love the thing.

7. 22-rimfire

22-rimfire Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2005
    If you like the design, I think you'll be pleased. They generally aren't high dollar handmade knives.

8. abcdef

abcdef

Oct 28, 2005
    While we are discussing Arno, I would like to throw out a question also. If the mods want to separate into another thread, that's ok. Does anyone have an opinion on which of his fixed blades is best suited for front pocket carry? I am guessing it is between the Meerkat and Gecko. Thanks.