Does anyone know anything about this knife???

I got this knife at a local auction and can't find anything on the interweb about it. I was hoping that this forum might have some information on this knife. It's in very good shape with what looks like an ink stamp on the blade saying "Mfg. in China. Nat'l Headquarters U.S.A. It has an emblem on the handle tip that looks to be some sort of Chinese insignia. See below pictures and let me know what you think..............
IMG_0211_zpsixgle3hu.jpg.html

IMG_0208_zpsuqbxo3ic.jpg.html
IMG_0211_zpsixgle3hu.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0208_zpsuqbxo3ic.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
You need something like a Photobucket account. Upload images to Photobucket then insert the link. The forum links to Photobucket. You can use other image hosting services too. I was just giving you a example.

This should help with the picture

​Posting photos

Paid members can upload pictures from their computers, but anyone can open a photo hosting account.

1. I use www.photobucket.com

Download your pictures.
Go to your Photobucket album.
Click on the pictures you want.
Go to the right and see Links to share this photo.
Left click on IMG. It will flash Copied. Paste into your post.

2. Another way, go to www.imgur.com
Upload your image.
Then select the BBCode option - it starts with .
Copy & Paste into your thread.

3. You should also [URL="http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/353471-READ-THIS-FIRST!-How-to-ask-questions-that-get-answered"]READ THIS FIRST! How to ask questions that get answered[/URL] which includes photo posting instructions.

4. For a detailed TUTORIAL: Displaying your photographs on BladeForums
[URL]http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/742638-TUTORIAL-Displaying-your-photographs-on-BladeForums[/URL]

[B]ALSO SEE POST #21 - How do I post pictures[/B][/QUOTE]

I It's in very good shape with what looks like an ink stamp on the blade saying "Mfg. in China. Nat'l Headquarters U.S.A.

Welcome. Unfortunately, to me that screams "low quality Chinese knockoff, if not outright counterfeit" or some cheapo Chinese "tactical camouflage" thingie.

I hope that's not the case when we see pics...but just be prepared for that eventuality. :thumbup:

Load picture onto tinypic.com and then post it here. That's how I share pictures on this forum.

Thanks, I opened an account in photobucket and upload the pictures to there and then added the links to my thread. Take a look at the knife pictures and let me know what you think and THANKS for your help linking my pictures to this thread............

It's a Maxam brand dagger. SKDAG is the model name I believe. It's a cheap Chinese produced knife. More for decoration than anything. Hope you got it cheap.

On a lighter note, it's very pretty. With a proper grind it could be quite a handsome desk knife.

That's just a flea market display tanto, not much different than your typical 30$ katana.
It probably came with a stand so it could display on a desk.

That's just a flea market display tanto, not much different than your typical 30$ katana.
It probably came with a stand so it could display on a desk.

Yep, it retails with a stand and some string. I suppose to tie it to a belt?

The "Mfg in China. Natl headquarters in USA" gave it away. Maxam knives are the only ones I've seen with that on the blade itself.

Meyerco knives have the same wording.
4f59eae004fed0dc95bcb4a46b79202c.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Yep, it retails with a stand and some string. I suppose to tie it to a belt?

The "Mfg in China. Natl headquarters in USA" gave it away. Maxam knives are the only ones I've seen with that on the blade itself.

The funny part about that is the fact that maxam was once a German cutlery company.

Back