1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Does anyone know if Hinderer has any plans for more non flippers?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by minimize, Mar 19, 2017.

1. minimize

minimize

Nov 12, 2007
    Anyone know if there is going to be anymore non flippers... say in 3", or bowie, or spanto or a sterile blade? I know they just made some 3.5" slicers after many years, and was hoping to see if I should hold out for another configuration like a spanto. Thanks!

2. razor-edge-knives

razor-edge-knives Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 3, 2011
    They can easily be "de-flipperized" :)

3. Wolverine666

Wolverine666 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 7, 2009
    Now you've given me ideas.

I know what I'll be looking at for the rest of the day :)

4. archieblue

archieblue Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 19, 2001
    [emoji106][emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. SaraLikesKnives

SaraLikesKnives

Jan 9, 2016
    I thought their various knives came in either flipper or non-flipper types? The ones I've seen look the same, they're just detent-optimized differently. (?)

6. evilgreg

evilgreg Why so serious?

Dec 25, 2012
    I just googled for them and immediately found non-flipper models in stock--is there some model in specific you can't find?

7. minimize

minimize

Nov 12, 2007
    Really? I can only find slicers. Looking for a spanto

8. minimize

minimize

Nov 12, 2007
    No idea where to get it done. I'm not sure if it's cost effective either.

9. Wolverine666

Wolverine666 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 7, 2009
    Umm , maybe the guy who's post you quoted can do it. Take a look at who it is. Just a thought ;)

10. Thetimefarm

Thetimefarm

Jul 28, 2015
    Pretty sure razers edge is saying he can do it for you. I've seen his work before and it looks great. Not sure what he charges to de-flipperize a hinderer but I'd imagine it's only 20-50 bucks.

11. minimize

minimize

Nov 12, 2007
    Oh man. Thanks.

12. Peter Hartwig

Peter Hartwig Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 29, 2008
    They are at least back on RHK's mind again. No inside info, but I wouldn't be shocked if some other varieties showed up at Blade.

13. archieblue

archieblue Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 19, 2001
    I advise the op to buy a Delica and put it through the ringer. Then say you still feel the need for a spanto. [emoji3]

14. Eric@DLT

[email protected]

Mar 30, 2015
    I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for another non flipper. Based on what they've shown for new stuff coming up this year (slip joint and maximus), I don't know how much time they will have to do another in the near future.

15. minimize

minimize

Nov 12, 2007
    Ah gotcha. Thank you!