• Preorders are LIVE for the 2024 BladeForums Traditional Knife

Traditional Knife Information Thread - make sure you go in there and read up.

Requirements: Be a Gold or higher member or have been a member of the forums since 6/2023 with at least 100 posts in the Traditional Forum. Preorder is for people who live in the continental US only, international orders will be separate.

Delivery expected in Q4 2024, hopefully before the holidays.

User Name
    Serial number request

Does anyone know where I can get brass spacers for my AFCK?

None of the knife supply stores have them?? Have you tried them yet?? Jantz maybe.

Blades

If you can't find them, make em.
Get some .025" brass or copper shim stock.
Use the original washers as templates. Drill and cut. It takes a little more work to fit it all together properly, but the results are worth it.

Chi

This is an address posted by Goshawk in another post relating to this subject.

I.B.S. Intl. Folder Supply
Box 11
Clearwater MN 55320
A.B. Johnson
(320)558-6128

------------------
One with the Force you must be...

WISH NOT TO BE A JEDI!!
NO PENSION YOU SAY!!

Hmph! a Jedi desires not these things.

whoa! has anyone replaced their AFCK spacers with metal?? How hard was it to accomplish? what were the results? That's my only beef with the knife, doesn't open as smoothly as I'd wish, but this may be the answer. Are they just plain flat spacers? what does the factory use, plastic?

What would y'all advise as the optimum spacer material - bronze, like the EDI Genisis?

A whole new area in which to mess with my knives has just been revealed . . . .

------------------
The beatings will continue until morale improves.

[This message has been edited by fishface (edited 09 June 1999).]

The answer to your post: We really dont know for sure
wink.gif

Try McMaster-Carr Supply Co. in New Brunswick, NJ 1(732) 329-3200 and tell them what size and material you need. They caryy brass, silicon bronze, nylatron, titanium, etc. Do you know what the exact measurements are? I don't know if BM used std sized washers or if they are specially made for their application.

Back