Does Blade Show Mean New Models?

Hey. Despite carrying knives since before the internet was a thing, I only got more serious about it recently. (Hence joining up here.) With Blade Show coming up, should we expect to see companies debuting new models? (If so, any hints or rumors?)

Shot Show and Blade Show are the two expos that knife companies tend to bring prototypes of new models to. Spyderco also shows up at Amsterdam, but that’s pretty much all the in-person lineup debuts that happen.

Who debuts new models at either show changes year to year. Companies that have distributed annual release schedules (Zero Tolerance and Spyderco being the major ones) are the most likely to introduce new items at both.

So, yes, expect new models/announcements from Shot and Blade each year. Rumors are pretty useless, sadly, as the wide variety of potential roadblocks to product development means some knives get sidelined for ages and others are in stock at knife retailers within a day of the reveal.

Yep. I know MBK will have at least two ready for the show, and Alliance has been doing light unveils on IG the past few days.

There should be many new things creating a buzz.

Alliance's new model looks extremely promising, and I hope the other high end production companies step up to meet them soon - Bladeshow would be a good time.

Many production companies will certainly be unveiling new products during Blade. If you're interested, many custom makers also debut new models at the show, though it seems this is less prominent than the big production companies. Off the top of my head, I believe Brian Brown and Robert Carter will have new models. I've seen/heard several others, but those are the two that come to mind.

I know we are always releasing new models during major shows and we always show prototypes. This year we even have given special attention to the debut of a 20 years anniversary design. (for those interested, just take a look at the WE Knife subforum).

I know we are always releasing new models during major shows and we always show prototypes. This year we even have given special attention to the debut of a 20 years anniversary design. (for those interested, just take a look at the WE Knife subforum).

Thanks for letting us know!

I won't generally spend more than $100 on a pocket knife. That's just because I like to carry and use my pocket knives. I never want to think twice about using them. I like being free from worry on wear and tear or losing a knife. Civivi has been about the best thing that can happen for a guy like me. (I have a Naja in my pocket right now.)

I dont think there will be that many models, but Im am certain availability on models will increase, mid techs and productions, I emailed Koenig about buying one of their knives and was told that all their efforts are on Blade Show, but after that I should be able to pick one up in various places.

I dont think there will be that many models, but Im am certain availability on models will increase, mid techs and productions, I emailed Koenig about buying one of their knives and was told that all their efforts are on Blade Show, but after that I should be able to pick one up in various places.

Might be worth checking with @Northwest Knives on the Koenig

Back