Does Busse offer a spa/sharpening service?

Looked through the stickys and couldn't/didn't find the answer. Just picked up a 2nd hand NMFSH with some edge damage, was wondering if Busse offered a sharpening/spa service and if so what would it cost me and what is the turn around time? Debating on who I will send it to to fix and would like some options. (My usual stuff goes to REK, just don't have the time to do it myself..)

I don't have it yet but here is what I'll be dealing with:
30516492_10101905198674084_6547536733464952832_n.jpg

Thanks for any help/direction,

Greg

I stand to be corrected but as I understand it those chips and dings in the edge are all covered by the warranty. You send it in to the shop and they will sort it out.

Any idea on current turn around times for Shop work/sharpening?

TIA,

Greg

No spa service (as in re-coating or custom mods), but they will sharpen your knives.
Recent change? I can recall atleast one I paid to have recoated years ago. Have also known of plenty mods they have done for extra $. Granted none as of recently.

Recent change? I can recall atleast one I paid to have recoated years ago. Have also known of plenty mods they have done for extra $. Granted none as of recently.

Not sure how recent the changes were made but I emailed the shop a few weeks ago and that was the response I received. The Custom Shop is closed for the time being but sharpening services are still offered.

Not sure how recent the changes were made but I emailed the shop a few weeks ago and that was the response I received. The Custom Shop is closed for the time being but sharpening services are still offered.
Unfortunately, the Custom Shop has been closed to customer requests for at least a couple years, with no end in sight (according to Jerry). :(

Hi Greg.

For top notch sharpening you may want to look (if I may be so bold as to mention a non Busse shop), to Murray Carter at Carter Cutlery. For those concerned, I own one Carter Neck Knife, and many, many, many, many, many, many more than that in Bussekin .

Last edited:
Andy the Aussie is up the road apiece in Sydney. Perhaps he could give you a lead in your area. Good luck.

A couple of minutes on a coarse stone would remove those little dents, which look to be about 0.3mm deep. or invest in a harbor freight 1 inch belt sander and run it across a course belt. 4-5 passes on each side at 20dps would likely remove those dings. That many passes on a coarse belt will not heat the edge either. finer belts heat the edge faster needing more care.

Would be keen if anyone new of a good place to get knives sharpened in Melbourne Australia?

Andy the Aussie is up the road apiece in Sydney. Perhaps he could give you a lead in your area. Good luck.

.....nope sorry I can't help. I swapped messages with a guy up in BrisVegas that offered a full sharpening service about a specific job but he stopped replying.

Back