1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Does the Pink Delica come in plain edge???

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by Squid, Apr 7, 2000.

1. Squid

Squid

Jun 21, 1999
    I want purchase a pink Delica to carry on planes. Why?

1) Small
    2) Looks non-threatening (it's pink!)
    3) It's a Spyderco!

Problem is, I've only seen it in the fully serrated version. I know some airport security folks freak out when they see serrations. Is the pink Delica availble in plain edge? If so, who has them?

2. Blades

Blades

Oct 5, 1998
    A few years ago you could get a plain edge pink Delica. I don't know of anybody who might have a plain edge for sale.

Blades

[This message has been edited by Blades (edited 04-07-2000).]

3. V44

V44

Feb 10, 2000
    That is exactly the quest I have been on, and for exactly the same reasons. I checked around pretty well for about a month, looking for a new plain pink version, and finally gave up and gave in to ordering the full serrated edge from MJ&S yesterday (it is still listed on Mark's site as being available). I figure that pink offsets the spydie edge as far a threatenability goes. BTW, I did I did actually buy a box of squid today, frozen, for calamari. Five to 8-inch tubes and tenacles. The serrated edge of the Delica should make quick work of them. Good luck in your search, and I'll check this thread to see how you fare.

4. Michelle Espinosa

Michelle Espinosa

Dec 21, 1998
    Squid,

When we made the Pink Delica as a main line item we did have some PlainEdge available. It's been more than 5 years since we had them in our main line.

We introduced a batch of pink Delica's and Crickets about 6 months ago. Both were introduced in SpyderEdge only. The main reason for this was that it was a batch meant to sell pretty quickly. Although PlainEdge appears to be increasing in demand our SpyderEdge out sells the PlainEdge by a large percentage.

5. Ron L

Ron L Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Unfortunately, pink plain-edge Delica's are about as hard to find as a plain-edge CF Dragonfly. Few and far between. Keep looking though! You never know when one will pop up out of nowhere.

6. Mark W Douglas

Mark W Douglas

Nov 16, 1998
    You can check with the Female Security Guard that confiscated my wife's pink Delica and kept it for herself when boarding a plane some years ago if you can find her! Oh, wait, never mind, that was a pink LadyBug and it was serrated, that's why the Airport Security took it! I hope that security guard likes it! [​IMG]

Mark