Domino effect

I just made the purchase for this sweet son of a gun-
BM55113021.jpg

And it's my first real knife purchase. I'm fricken stoked! I imagine I'll have blisters on my thumb a week after having it, and my wife will just have to get used to me walking around the house flipping a knife...It's a Light Gray Benchmade Grippy with S30V, special run for Knifeworks. They have a promo code that makes the whole package only 100 bucks (before shipping).

Anyway, it got me thinking, what was the first knife that you purchased that started the Domino effect? Did you start big (sebenza, grayman, CRK) or small? (Like me, sub $150 price point). I figured I'd start small to find out what I like personally, and so that my expectations for the perfect knife don't start at a sky high platform, that ends with me spending 5 grand on each knife I buy x_x

Edited-took out link for the knife, sorry about that!

Last edited:
i have a white griptilian, i love the knife so much but cant stand to use it since the handles get dirty so easy, and for some reason so hard to get back to the factory white.... time for some cuscadi scales!

1st knife was blem 0561 from kershawguy about a month ago :)
now I have a m390 pm2 on the way and an Alan Davis flipper coming up be a few months before he is finished

I bought a BM 690 and a Spyderco Caly3 and they lasted me just fine for several yrs. Then, suddenly, I developed some bad-axx disease and purchased a CRK Umnumzaan. That was one yr ago. I am thoroughly obsessed at this point. And, I might point out...very broke.
Be very careful.

Oh trust me, I've scoured Dave's site. ZT doesn't really do it for me though. But I do plan on getting the ZT Hinderer blem listed on there at some point. Have been drooling over that one for a while.

lol no one can just walk away from Dave's site empty handed.....

SOG mini Aegis was my first in many categories... first tactical look, first assisted, first black blade, first tanto blade, first SOG, etc.. I hadn't been paying attention to the knife industry for so long that I missed the intro of assisted opening knives and flippers. So now my wish list is huge... there are so many shapes and designs that I'm interested in that the dominos are falling fast.

SOG purchased 12/26/2012... I now have 12 knives and haven't even scratched the surface.

That light gray Grip looks really nice.

LB

SOG mini Aegis was my first in many categories... first tactical look, first assisted, first black blade, first tanto blade, first SOG, etc.. I hadn't been paying attention to the knife industry for so long that I missed the intro of assisted opening knives and flippers. So now my wish list is huge... there are so many shapes and designs that I'm interested in that the dominos are falling fast.

SOG purchased 12/26/2012... I now have 12 knives and haven't even scratched the surface.

That light gray Grip looks really nice.

LB

Jesus, your dominoes didn't just fall, they got pushed and stomped on, lol. In a month you've probably spend more than I've made xD

lol no one can just walk away from Dave's site empty handed.....

Oh trust me, it was difficult. I love Kershaw's lineup. And I am for sure loading up my collection with them. But when you have no money because you are in between jobs it makes it kind of hard to spend anything, lol. Now that tax money is in? almost 8 grand? It's all free game...

A cheap carbon fiber look a like flea market knife did it for me. I had never browsed knives anywhere, had no idea what brands existed, I just came across it and liked it for the carbon fiber look. I think I paid like 15 dollars for it and of course the spring assist broke about 2 weeks later. That's when I started researching online and got a Kershaw Leek g10/s30v. I was blown away by this knife. G10? S30V? I had never heard of anything like that, but I liked it :D

Of course I couldn't justify spending the 100 or so dollars that the knife was selling for, but luckily I had a bunch of "Ebay bucks" and I ended up paying 5 dollars for the Leek. I will never get rid of it.

Back