Don Morrow: Barlow

Blues

hovering overhead
Staff member
Super Mod
I posted a few images of this knife in the "Barlow" thread the other day after I had received a call from Don Morrow letting me know that this knife was ready to be shipped to me.

It just arrived a short while ago. :thumbup:

I can't begin to tell you just how nice this knife is. Fit and finish is (beyond) first rate with great walk & talk and very keen edges on both blades.

The bone stag scales are perfectly matched and fitted, and the file work and engraving (two things I ordinarily don't go in for) is both beautifully executed and subtle. Don's wife Kathy did the engraving on the bolsters.

The knife is just under 3.5" but weighs in at 3 1/8 oz. (This is no shrinking violet.) Blade steel is CPM-154.

To say that I am impressed with Don Morrow's work on this knife would be an understatement and I'm already looking forward to future projects. Just a great knife that has already jumped into my pocket. :cool:

Don is a great guy to talk knives with and can be contacted via his website: www.morrowknives.com

orig.gif

orig.gif

orig.gif

orig.gif

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

Congratulations! Don is a great guy and a master maker. I have always loved his work and your Barlow is no exception.

Blues great looking knife & a user too, even better:thumbup::thumbup:
Mitch

Elliot,
Congratulations, that is a fine example of what a master knifemaker is capable of- both in terms of execution and design.

That file work and engraving is spectacular.

Nice one Elliott. The blades on that knife are really terrific. Beautiful bone stag also. Congrats amigo!

Awesome barlow, Elliott! Don's work has always impressed me. Have never been to his site, though. Thanks for sharing the folder and Don's site. Super folder!

- Joe

Last edited:
Very good looking Barlow, impressive first engraving by his wife. Hope to see more of his work.
Jim

Thanks to all for the good words. :cool:

I sent Don a link to the thread so that he could see the comments and add any remarks if he was so inclined. (Don did mention to me that he doesn't have much free time for the 'net these days, especially since he has another show coming up in a few days.)

Nice looking Barlow Elliott!

I like the engraved bolsters and the twisted rope center liner. Nice touches.

I hope to see more of Kathy's engraving in the future.

Congrats to Maker and new owner!

Ken

Last edited:
I really like Don's work. I've got two trappers he made and they are among my favorites. Congratulations on a beautiful knife! :thumbup::thumbup:

That looks just like the one that I ordered from Don. I expect delivery sometime in september. I own 2 of his knives and definitly looking forward to the barlow. Congrats on a great knife!

Don, nice to see you here. Thanks for taking the time out of your hectic schedule to visit the forum. :cool:

(And thanks again to everyone else for their comments. :thumbup:)

A beautiful piece of work! :thumbup: (Morrows are some of my favorites - the maker and the knives. ;) )

Back