Dorado Sticker glue

Sticker glue has left an imprint on the blade.

Have tried to remove the glue with wd40, got it off, everything I can touch atleast. Theres still a visible mark where the sticker was.

How to fix guys ?

And can you Kizer guys start just engraving the china word somewhere inside the liners lol, the sticker was a good idea but this is driving me nuts

Well if the adhesive actually stained the blade via a chemical reaction there is little that can be done. I would try lighter fluid on a terry cloth first as to disolve any adhesive that may be impregnated in the finish and then I would go over that with windex. If a mark is still visible I would wager it is permanent.

I would try goof off (you can get it from any hardware store) if it's just the glue.

If the glue actually discolored the blade, maybe try Nevr-dull, it works great on removing surface rust etc, and might work on other light discoloration on metal.

I've used rubbing alcohol to remove Kizer stickers in the past. It has worked well.

My biggest glue-related knife problem was when I purchased a Svord Thwitel, which is a fixed blade. The blade came completely sealed in an extremely sticky fibrous plastic gauze-type material folded over the entirety of the balde, which left residue all over it. I soaked the blade in rubbing alcohol for 10 minutes, scrubbed like mad, soaked again, etc., and the residue still clinged firm to the blade. A Svord rep responded that they dip the blades in some sort of varnish before wrapping them in an ultra-sticky tape material. He went on to say "we have not been able to come up with a better solution to make the blade safe in the packaging, we have limited options down here in NZ," which I found very strange.

LOL...same problem....rubbing alcohol and fingernail polish both sound great , thanks guys

I just received my Kizer Dorado yesterday and when I took it out of the box the blade centering was perfect. I've flipped it maybe 20 times now and it's no longer centered. Blade is sitting quite a bit to the right. Anybody have any suggestions on how to fix that? Is that common with the Kizer knives?

I just received my Kizer Dorado yesterday and when I took it out of the box the blade centering was perfect. I've flipped it maybe 20 times now and it's no longer centered. Blade is sitting quite a bit to the right. Anybody have any suggestions on how to fix that? Is that common with the Kizer knives?

Sounds like the pivot is coming loose. Have you tried tightening it a bit? I've never seen that happen on a Kizer, but they are not immune to loose pivots.

Yeah I think it has something to do with the lock bar being too stiff. That's another thing I've noticed is all the reviews I watched talked about how easy it was to disengage the lock bar on the Kizer Dorados. But mine is really stiff to the point that if I flip it more then a couple times it hurts my thumb. It looks like the lock bar is putting too much tension on the blade causing it to push over like that. I contacted the seller and they are sending me a new one. Hopefully it was just a defective knife.

I actually bent the lockbar back just a little, thought it was too stiff. Didnt cause any lock issues, still fine. Just be careful.

No centering issues.

Back