Double shot! Bantam and Georgia Traveler

wbaxley

Platinum Member
This is my definition of awesome: Georgia Traveler and Bantam – a sweet pair for the weekend!

Great work Allen - these are incredible…excellent craftsmanship!

acc87845-5ff3-4e45-bb04-d1b9e08cd974_zps05625b22.jpg

IMG_1655_zpsee2456ad.jpg

IMG_1649_zpse323475a.jpg

IMG_1645_zpsae5f9337.jpg

IMG_1640_zps431ccd2b.jpg

IMG_1635_zps2b61f5ad.jpg

IMG_1643_zpsd261c3b7.jpg

Bill

Last edited:
Bantam is dressed in moss/tan burlap with dark brown micarta pins and contoured scales (perfect ambi thumb rest on scales), SFT in 1/8" CPM154, hollow ground, OAL 5 1/4", blade is 2 3/8"; Georgia Traveler is dressed in ivory canvas micarta, black liners with orange pinstripe and tapered tang to 1/16" (so difficult in a small knife), contoured handled with awesome choil (must feel this one), 1/8" CPM154, hollow ground, OAL 5 9/16", blade is 2 1/4".

The ergos on these knives we very obviously carefully considered. A small knife can either be a blob that you hang onto while you cut or something that fits and is immediately useful in the hand. These are the latter - highly useful tools. These small cutters are nice! I highly recommend giving them a try...

Last edited:
Bantam is dressed in moss/tan burlap with dark brown micarta pins and contoured scales (perfect ambi thumb rest on scales), SFT in 5/32" CPM154 convex, OAL 5 1/4", blade is 2 3/8"; Georgia Traveler is dressed in ivory canvas micarta, black liners with orange pinstripe and tapered tang to 1/16" (so difficult in a small knife), contoured handled with awesome choil (must feel this one), 5/32" CPM154 convex, OAL 5 9/16", blade is 2 1/4".

The ergos on these knives we very obviously carefully considered. A small knife can either be a blob that you hang onto while you cut or something that fits and is immediately useful in the hand. These are the latter - highly useful tools. These small cutters are nice! I highly recommend giving them a try...

Thank you for the complimants and specs. They are fun to make and like you said, a bit tricky on the taper! They are 1/8" stock, but the mill finish leaves them a little thicker. Also, these are holoow grind. Thank you again for all of the support!

Thank you for the complimants and specs. They are fun to make and like you said, a bit tricky on the taper! They are 1/8" stock, but the mill finish leaves them a little thicker. Also, these are holoow grind. Thank you again for all of the support!

Thanks Allen, you should have seen me measuring those guys and holding them up to the light to see the edge grind with my crummy contact lenses! I will correct the specs...

Back