Doug RItter RSK Mk 2... Becker BK 10 Creman???

Guys!

In looking for a great survival blade under 6 in (knife laws...) I decided to purchase the Becker BK 10 Crewman. What a great knife! Great balance and just heavy enough to be a good chopper and get things done without too much thought, but... THAT DARN THUMB RAMP!!! So obnoxious! I hesitate to grind it off because the balance on that knife is so spot on. Definitely have ground knives in the past and am aware what a mess one can make with all that...

Was thinking that if I could track down the MSK 2: Doug Ritter RSK Mk2 Perseverance Fixed Blade Utility / Survival Knife - a knife you can bet your life on (tm) that I could grind off the thumb ramp and still maintain a nice chopping balance with the knife, but can't find it anywhere!

They stop making it?

I'm looking at the Condor Crotalus, as well. It's about 1.6 oz less in weight than the BK 10. Not the nice palm swell at the end of the handle like the BK, but it looks super ergonomic. Not a saber grind, but looks like a nice convex from the videos I've seen. Super "slicey". It's all a give and take...

Experience with grinding off thumb ramp on BK 10? Experience with Crotalus? Anyone know where I could find the MK2 Ritter??

I've been steering away from the BK 2 because I am really cautious about having a prominent finger guard on my blades. The finger guard on the BK 10 comes out a fair bit more than the BK 2, which I like.

Anyway...

Thanks!

-T

Back