You may have to wait awhile if you want the stonewashed finish (which I recommend). I had to wait for about three weeks, and even then I was lucky to get the last one.
* The blade shape is indeed terrific. It slices very well, and I think it'll be easy to sharpen.
* It came nice and sharp.
* The handle feels good. It's very light, which puts the balance point of the knife right over your index finger.
* The clip is "now" parkerized black (was it painted before?). It's the usual Benchmade clip, and works fine. It screws into stainless steel inserts in the handle.
* The handle is hollowed out, with reinforcing ribs. That makes it sound hollow when you tap it with a fingernail, and that is probably what people are perceiving as "feeling cheap".
* Like most new knives, it came under-lubed. I took the blade out, cleaned off the old oil, and applied Phil Wood Tenacious Oil
to the pivot, blade, and washers, with a toothpick (that's terrific knife oil, BTW). I also lubed the liners where the Axis Lock post rubs. Made a big difference.
* From the pics at Aeromedix, I was afraid that it would be a little big. In practice, not so. It's light and small enough that I forget I'm carrying it.
I'd definitely buy it again. (In fact, I've ordered one of the M4/DLC models.)