Dozier Folders

Kodiak PA

Gold Member
I would like to hear from anyone who owns a Dozier folder.

How is the lock up on your knife. Any blade play? Are they worth the ~$300 you will spend.

Curious is Alaska.

------------------
~Greg Mete~
Kodiak Alaska

Kodiak PA: I've had three and all were top notch. The folding hunter was a liner lock and completely dependable. His double lock was rock solid. I presently have a double frame lock and nothing can make it come disengaged. Nobody can make D2 perform like Bob.

Greg-man, do we have similar tastes! I've had a hankering for a frame lock Dozier for a long time now. Let me know if you get your hands on one. I'd love to hear your review.
-Paul

[AS STATED IN A PREVIOUS POST, I OWN A TITANIUM HANDLED, DUAL INTEGRAL LOCK FOLDER. tHE d-2 BLADE IS 3" AND THE KNIFE IS VERY SLENDER. I ALSO OWN A sEBENZA AND FIND THE QUALITY IDENTICAL. BY HAVING AN INTERGAL LOCK AT THE TOP OF THE BLADE INSTEAD OF A PIN, THERE IS MORE SUBSTANTIAL INTEGRAL LOCK. I THINK THIS PROVIDES MORE STRENGTH IN THIS AREA. WHEN FIRST ADVERTISED THIS FOLDER WAS LISTED AT 300.00. I PURCHASED MINE AT THE BLADE SHOW FOR 250.00. BOB ALSO HAD A LARGER DUAL LOCK FOLDER BUT THE HANDLE WAS A BLACK SYNTHETIC AND WAS MORE EXPENSIVE.

THE KNIFE HAS BECOME A DAILY CARRY. IT IS LIGHTWEIGHT, TIGHT, AND SLENDER. THE BLADE IS VERY LARGE IN RELATION TO THE HANDLE. I WOULD RECOMMEND HIS FOLDERS HIGHLY.

Originally posted by skarb:
BY HAVING AN INTERGAL LOCK AT THE TOP OF THE BLADE INSTEAD OF A PIN, THERE IS MORE SUBSTANTIAL INTEGRAL LOCK. I THINK THIS PROVIDES MORE STRENGTH IN THIS AREA.

I don't understand this statement. Could someone explain, or point me to a picture?

------------------
iktomi

Sorry for the poor English. If I had a dig. cam, the view would be self-explanatory

Picture the very back of the blade (behind the hinge pin). On the upper half right there is a vertical cut out into which the upper handle lock snaps - ala Sebenza. There is an opposite cut out on the lower half of the blade into which the handle lock snaps. Therefore you have 2 integral locks, one at the top on one side, and one at the bottom of the opposite side of the knife. In the Sebenza there is a circular stop pin at the top of the blade. In the Dozier, there is a vertical piece of the handle ( about 4x the width of a roll pin) which locks the blade.

Back