1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dragon Hunter Axe?

Discussion in 'Axe, Tomahawk, & Hatchet Forum' started by BePrepared, Jul 18, 2013.

1. BePrepared

BePrepared

Aug 26, 2010
    Has anyone used/handled one of these? I'm interested in whether this is actually a useable weapon.

If you know of another maker producing something similar please let me know

http://www.kultofathena.com/product.asp?item=600896&name=Dragon+Hunter+Axe
    [​IMG]

2. foxx

foxx

Sep 5, 2010
    It looks like a fantasy piece to me. Those little spikes are in a wooden ball, and how is that ball attached to the handle? Any serious use would break them off, or the whole ball, I suspect. It does look dangerous, but more likely to the one using it.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2013
    KiwiBloke likes this.
  3. Tomahawk Rob

Tomahawk Rob

Apr 7, 2012
    It's listed as battle ready.

4. Square_peg

Square_peg

Feb 1, 2012
    Battle ready? OK, I guess if you ever find a dragon it's ready for that. That axe is all show no go. And the spiked ball on the grip is just goofy.

KiwiBloke and Agent_H like this.
  5. Grease

Grease Gold Member Gold Member

May 10, 2012
    Goofy, and stupid. The angle of some of those spikes would drive them into your hand if you swung it too hard.

6. shaw11b

shaw11b Gold Member Gold Member

May 26, 2010
    Wall hanger is about all that is good for. Plus if you read the fine print it states that this particular maker does not sharpen the blades.

7. shaw11b

shaw11b Gold Member Gold Member

May 26, 2010
  8. Realamerican

Realamerican

Saturday
    First off it's really lazy reviewing to write off a weapon because of one easily fixable feature I bought this axe with the intention of removing that pommel and it held up great at first after the spikes were gone however the manufacturer was very stupid with their wood handle choice it appeared mine was made of maple and snapped after a few chopped up logs an easy fix however their are two pins that have been sanded so you can see easily simply drill or hammer them out get yourself a proper hickory handle and this axe will be worthy of dragon hunting the head and rear spike aren't overly large it splits well and I've only noticed some very small (like you have to be looking hard to see them) knicks after hours and hours of chopping different woods for testing so basically if you want something ready out of the box this won't be for you if you want something you plan to customize this is definitely an axe worth buying and it's my personal favorite out of the 30+ swords axes maces and knives I own

9. Agent_H

Agent_H Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 21, 2013
    [​IMG]
    Could you post us a picture of what one looks like after use?

And, of course, welcome to BladeForums.

10. Kevin Houtzager

Kevin Houtzager

Jun 25, 2017
    Just one question: Why???? :oops:

11. Agent_H

Agent_H Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Maybe dragons are hard to spook?
    [​IMG]

Kevin Houtzager likes this.
  12. Square_peg

Square_peg

Feb 1, 2012
    The swell looks very comfortable.

Tell us how you like it when you get to 8th grade.

13. Kevin Houtzager

Kevin Houtzager

Jun 25, 2017
    I actually wonder how this would look like like in about 10 years of work. Try sharpening that a lot of times and see what you end up with?

14. Realamerican

Realamerican

Saturday
    Of course the first image here is the break like I said it appeared to be made of maple [​IMG] the second one is the repaired version with the new handle [​IMG] I uploaded these to my ifunny where I do a lot of weapons and armor stuff

15. quinton

quinton

Nov 4, 2006
    It's been years and years since I've seen a dragon around here.

16. Kevin Houtzager

Kevin Houtzager

Jun 25, 2017
    Thats because they are only common in Asia and Europe.
    European Dragon:
    [​IMG]
    Asian Dragon:
    [​IMG]
    But wait: There is actually an American Dragon:
    [​IMG]
    A.k.a. a skateboarding kid. Do you actually have weapons to slay that kind of animal???? :oops:

A17 and quinton like this.