DRAGON KNIFE PART I ~ in the house

RayseM

Gold Member
As the lucky winner of the recent fund raising raffle I received this very spectacular, inspired creation -
The Dragon Knife Khukri from Uncle Bill's private collection today.

In hand it is so much more beautiful than our photos can reveal. Thick steel, heavy, well balanced and perfectly comfortable in hand - the carved handle is very well suited to it's purpose.

It gets its name from DRAGONS - 2 on the blade and one on the handle, along with many other symbols and markings some with obvious symbolism others more obscure but nonetheless beautifully etched.

And with a sheath to match

Of course I needed to get it out into the sunshine. It has all the promise - with its heft and balance and excellent sweet spot - of being a most excellent splitter :thumbsup:

Thank you for passing it into my care.

Last edited:
Is that Mesquite wood your working. Had a fella long ago sent me a round off his wood pile to make a set of grips for his pistol. Lucky my wife was working at a mill at the time and was able to get it slabbed. Imagine sending a round probably 12-15'' around in a box through the mail. I used it all up, neat stuff. We don't have it here in the NW, wish we did.

What a beautiful piece Ray! Im not having any words good enough for how Khul that is especially its provenance!

We got Mesquite here in central Texas like you have triangle cardboard Bawanna. You can buy it in bundles for firewood here for smoking meats etc. Last I looked it was about $7-$8 for a bundle. Ill keep my eyes open for ya!

As the lucky winner of the recent fund raising raffle I received this very spectacular, inspired creation -
The Dragon Knife Khukri from Uncle Bill's private collection today.

View attachment 1674483

In hand it is so much more beautiful than our photos can reveal. Thick steel, heavy, well balanced and perfectly comfortable in hand - the carved handle is very well suited to it's purpose.

View attachment 1674489

It gets its name from DRAGONS - 2 on the blade and one on the handle, along with many other symbols and markings some with obvious symbolism others more obscure but nonetheless beautifully etched.

View attachment 1674491

View attachment 1674492

And with a sheath to match ~

View attachment 1674493

Of course I needed to get it out into the sunshine. It has all the promise - with its heft and balance and excellent sweet spot - of being a most excellent splitter :thumbsup:

View attachment 1674495

Thank you for passing it into my care.

Couldnt have gone to a better guy. Also fits in nicely with your sense of taste.

Way to go Ray!

Thanks all. No mesquite in Maine either Bawanna Bawanna . Those are chunks of red oak. Only way we get it is as BBQ heat. :(

Congrates Ray on this beautiful functional work of art. Couldnā€™t have gone to a more deserving guy.šŸ‘šŸ˜‰

Great pix and post, thank you for sharing

Back