Dragonfly 2???

I would like to see an updated version of the Dragonfly. Its a great little knife that's been around for years, but I think it would benefit from some refinements applied to the Delica. Throw in some jimping to the thumb ramp & choil. Maybe add some of the ridges the D4 has along the spine of the FRN for added grip. Modify the handles to the new grippier FRN pattern. Switch to a removable metal clip. A slightly larger round hole for easier opening would be great too.

I think its a classic Spyderco worth updating. I'd definitely buy one. Anyone else think a Dragonfly 2 is a good idea?:D

Custom carbon fiber with a spiderweb pattern in it!!! Well... it's a thought anyways.

I don't know what you guys are talking about. The only thing the Dragonfly needs is ZDP and carbon fiber.

Sal, make it and we will buy it (I will at least twice).

I love the dragonfly just as it is, but I'd probably love an updated version just as much or more. I'd like to have a version with steel liners (to add a bit of weight more than anything) and a removable clip. The jimping on the thumb ramp and choil would be very welcome too.

I'm still dreaming of a fully serrated black G10 Dragonfly:thumbup::thumbup:

Personally I don't think there is anything wrong with the current Dragonfly.

I mean they gave it to us with etched handles, with VG-10 and even the non-etched version these days comes with VG-10.

Don't change a thing!

The fine jimping on the ramp and the choil, as mentioned, would be nice.
The SS one would surely benefit from it.
But please keep the thin edge, it makes it a great cutter, much better than one would judge by its size.
Sharp is better than big.

All the suggestions -- reversible/removable clip, jimping, and maybe liners -- would be great. The integral clip on the current FRN handle adds a little too much bulk (not weight) for those of us who prefer an in-pocket carry. And, while we're dreaming, I would suggest moving the FRN handle to VG10 steel as well.

I'm planning to get one of the etched handle versions in the next couple of weeks, but I would also like a FRN version like we are talking about just as a light-weight EDC for around the office.

Put a Reversible, low-ride clip on a PE Dragonfly, dress it in blue G10 and I'll take two.

Just got my first Dragonfly today, the stainless textured one. Really cool knife. Lots of blade for its size ( A mini mini-manix blade) and good ergos. I was all ready to remove the clip after clipping in my right front pocket as it stuck out way too far. Then tried the change pocket and it was excellent, like it was made for carrying there. Sticks up just far enough to grab, is nice and flat and a belt runs right over the top of the knife keeping it put. Great little knife. Perfect mini-Spyderco.

Ya know, I don't really mind the molded clip on the FRN version. Everyone says that it sticks out of the pocket too far, but I've got mine in my pocket right now next to my D4W and the Delica actually sticks out a bit more and has 5 shiny torx heads visible to boot. I think people just think that the Dragonfly sticks out further because the knife is so small.

That having been said, it would be nice to have a FRN version that was lefty friendly and had some of the other previously mentioned updates.

I just got my first spyder ...a dragonfly...I am very impressed with the knife....thin, perfect pocket size and cuts like a much bigger blade and the fit and finish I am impressed with

Not that there is anything wrong with the Dragonfly the way it is - but if I were to change anything...
Leave the blade basically the same. Make the kicker longer - up to a small quillon. Add some jimping at the finger choil and thumbrest.
Alter the handles' shape - add a belly where your ringfiger stays, so it will look more like the Kopa's or even the Lil T's.
Put a wireclip (works fine with FRN). :D
And for God's sake, if you intend to use G-10 or CF... leave it linerless!

I LOVE my FRN Dragonfly, except for one thing. I have to sharpen it all the time. I just read in this thread that there are VG10 dragonflies? Are they only the metal handles? I love my VG10 Black Delica, I want a VG10 (or better) dragonfly (with FRN, G10, or CF handles). Or an FRN Kopa (VG10). Any chances of these?

I think the new VG10 etched Dragonfly is more or less the perfect EDC. The size and blade shape is excellent. If I was to change anything though, some fine jimping would be nice, larger hole, phosphorous bronze washers and a correction of this problem that occurs from time to time. And of course, a LE CF/ZDP version is a must have :D

I'm with manowar669. A FRN, G-10 or carbon fibre handled Dragonfly with the best possible steel and disassemble-able construction would be a winner.

Frank

Back