Dream Busse ?!

I know some of you are excited about the Busse folder project and others that are excited about the maybe kinda might be a tomahawk (ok Im excited about that project as well)

But you know what (in my most humble of humblest opinions) I think would be the stuff in Busseware ... the thing that makes my mouth water and my credit card to twinge

One of the now deseased straight handled Badgers in 3/16 inch infi.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I bought the straight handle from someone on the forums and the belly and handle design ... Sigh .. it was wonderful! But I couldnt see the weight or need for 1/4 inch of steel in such a small blade. But give me that same knife in 3/16 inch and ... Well just think about it !!

------------------
Alex

My Knife Page

[This message has been edited by Boriqua (edited 01-03-2001).]

Yes, I agree. I'd buy one just to keep my new Lean MS company...

C'mon Jerry, Dave, maybe a limited "New Millenium" run... You know, limited to the posters on this forum........

------------------
Run and you only die tired....
The art of being wise is knowing what to overlook.

I like the double edge MS. I'd like a tanto point #3 or even a double edge #3. And of course, an small 1-2" tanto blade type of scalpel, something that the average person could use.

A 3/16 straight handled Badger would be incredible!
eek.gif
The ultimate in daily carry. I second the notion for a limited run.
biggrin.gif

I'd buy one for sure. No question about it, that would be an incredible busse.

James

------------------
The beast we are, lest the beast we become.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Verpus:
A 3/16 straight handled Badger would be incredible!
eek.gif
</font>

That would be the bomb!

If we're dreaming of Busse knives to come, I'll still put the folder first.

The thrower was an idea I thought wouldn't sell many ('cause you can get a decent thrower that works for $20).

The tomahawk/hatchet is interesting, but I think it would end up all-steel and necessarily so small a BM or SHII would chop as well (or big and too heavy), or it would be of exotic and very expensive materials --- or possibly have a wood handle, but share the same weaknesses as other 'hawks that cost much less.

The E handle was interesting, and someday I'll try one. The variants, like LEAN Mean Street, are neat. But the folder represents for me, the most interest --- and I'd say, for Busse, the greatest challenge. It's a very competitive market. Make it tougher than a Strider, more pocket-friendly, and give it a more generally useful blade (most of us are not fighting or sticking holes in oil drums with our folders), and if the price isn't too much more I'd say it could be a winner.
biggrin.gif

Just my hyperinflated $0.02
biggrin.gif

Well, 3/16 badger sounds fine with me, will be a nice companion to my old badger & soon to come eBadger and LMS.
Anyways, like Lane said, folder is more interesting at this point, well I'm impatiently waiting for some other blades, but still...
But, Please don't make it tanto or even worse, chisel tanto
frown.gif

------------------
zvis.com
Have Fun,
Alligator

[This message has been edited by Gator97 (edited 01-04-2001).]

Don't get me started, Alex, I'm right with you.

In fact, I'm seriously considering taking some of our planned tax return and seeking out one of the original straight handle Badgers to fill the gap between my SHII and DWMS.

That would be an awesome trio that could take on anything, even a bear!
wink.gif

------------------
Don LeHue

Also by Don LeHue: "Voices Inside My Head - The Unauthorized Autobiography"

Absolutely! A Lean Straight Badger would be one fine big game/outdoors knife. I already have a 5/16" straight Badger.
eek.gif
I'd love one that's been on a diet.
smile.gif

------------------
Hoodoo

I get some pleasure from finding a relentlessly peaceful use for a combative looking knife.
JKM

I already said it in a folder thread, only half joking: A Busse multi-tool, so tough that Snap-On will close up shop when they see its obvious superiority...
biggrin.gif

Yeah!
A wide double edge MS called "Two Lane Street" or "Double Wide".
It would look like two MSs spine to spine. I like the LBA idea as well!

Bill

------------------
It is all Greek to me

Back