Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Steel: W2, with hamon

Blade length: 8"

Handle material: desert ironwood burl

Guard,spacer material: aluminum bronze

82908-1.JPG

82908-2.JPG

82908-3.JPG

Sorry for the terrible pictures. I think I'll be sending this one to Coop to get some real pictures taken...

Thanks for looking!

that looks like a mean fighter for sure phillip....coop will bring taht one to life....when i first looked at it i said "why didn't he clean the knife first?".....looks great though....ryan

Wow, Phillip... what a great combination of shapes and materials. I want to see the activity in the hamon!

As much as I thoroughly enjoy seeing your knives, I would love to just sit back and watch you grind for awhile.

Very nicely done, as usual.
SDS

^what he said^

Thanks every one for the comments!

I just upgraded my digital camera, and it's taking me awhile to learn how to use it. i finally figured oout how to adjust the exposure value, so here are a couple more pics, with less glare:

9308-1.jpg

9308-2.jpg

Those later pics are much better.

I like this quite a bit. I think there's still something to improve with regard to the proportions, specifically blade-to-handle ratio and also around the blade-guard-handle transition. I think this design shows great promises. There's something in it that is reminiscent of fighters by Larry Harley & Shiva Ki - great designers both.

I like the use of bronze too. :thumbup:

Those later pics are much better.

I like this quite a bit. I think there's still something to improve with regard to the proportions, specifically blade-to-handle ratio and also around the blade-guard-handle transition. I think this design shows great promises. There's something in it that is reminiscent of fighters by Larry Harley & Shiva Ki - great designers both.

I like the use of bronze too. :thumbup:

Thanks for your input, Joss. But could you please get more specific about the ratios? This one will definitely be a regular model for me, so I would like to get all the kinks out, and your opinion is very welcome.

Phillip That is very nice . I love that grind the knife has a nice flow.

Very nice knife.
I love grinds like this :)

Ooooooooh! *as eyes widen*

Very nice recurve. Almost like a khukri/kopis with a point. Is the back edge sharp?

Gorgeous DI.
Just a super looking recurve fighter,Phillip! :thumbup:

Doug

Back