1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Drop Forged Boot Knife

Discussion in 'Cold Steel Knives' started by Snakebreaker, Nov 9, 2018.

1. jill jackson

jill jackson

Sep 5, 2006
    Same #.

2. Snakebreaker

Snakebreaker Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2013
    Because I have the hemp and plasti dipped handle, I'm not going to mess with trying to strip that finish, but if anyone else gives it a shot, I would love to see if it just removes that top grey/silver/bronze or if it also removes the black coating underneath as well.

52100 patinas like a boss with heavy use. If it strips off the top and bottom coating, I could definitely go for a fully stripped dagger.

DocJD likes this.
  3. nephron

nephron Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 3, 2017
    I would think the blade could look good stripped and polished. It would rust pretty easy, but heck I remember when stainless steel was just a dream and you had to actually take care of the knife(got some nice patina's too) just like my guns at the time. Just picked up a Forged Bowie for $19.99, might think about trying to strip and polish the blade.....