Drop point hunter in amber dyed sambar stag.

Hi friends,
here I present you my drop point in amber dyed sambar stag. The steel is CPM154, guard and pins in AISI416. I took pictures just finished the knife, they are not quality photos but the knife can be seen well.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

a little video:

Super Clean details...Perfect Size and the Stag is nice warm amber tone!

Great job, love the red liners.....nice fingernails for a Knife Maker. ;) :D

Looks real nice and I usually look for a lot of color variation in amber stag, just like your scales have. Plunge grinds look spot on even and the guard fit looks nice and tight. Well done!

Thank a lot friends appreciate your comments!

.....nice fingernails for a Knife Maker. ;) :D

:):):)thank you!
but they are as it happens ... sometimes full of glue, other black of abrasive paste etc ... one day I looked at my car mechanic who with the gloves dismounted and came back, I asked him: but do not lose sensitivity to the fingers? He replied by saying, yes a little, but it is more important that I touch my wife with clean hands!
I do not use gloves, but I use a lot of hands-washes that often dry and split my skin. ;)

Man that's a sweet looking blade. Got a link that shows the dying process?

Thank you.
There are some coloring techniques that involve the use of hair dye, while others use potassium permanganate. The knife you see posted here has the colored deer according to a secret process applied by Culpepper (https://www.knifehandles.com). I don't know the Culpepper process.... I can tell you that the deer horn is almost certainly dipped in hot oils and dyes...

Back