1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drop point hunter in amber dyed sambar stag.

Discussion in 'Custom & Handmade Knives' started by mknife, Apr 9, 2018.

1. mknife

mknife KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 3, 2006
    Hi friends,
    here I present you my drop point in amber dyed sambar stag. The steel is CPM154, guard and pins in AISI416. I took pictures just finished the knife, they are not quality photos but the knife can be seen well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    a little video:

2. Matthew Gregory

Matthew Gregory Chief Executive in charge of Entertainment Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 12, 2005
    Gorgeous, Riccardo. The stag pushes it right over the top.

Dawkind likes this.
  3. Busto

Busto KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 26, 2011
    Super Clean details...Perfect Size and the Stag is nice warm amber tone!

Dawkind likes this.
  4. john april

john april KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 27, 2006
    very well done. i am a loveless fan also.

Dawkind likes this.
  5. Dawkind

Dawkind Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 3, 2000
    Great job, love the red liners.....nice fingernails for a Knife Maker. ;) :D

6. R APPLEBY

R APPLEBY KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 11, 2003
    Perfect

7. Steve Nuckels

Steve Nuckels

Aug 18, 2009
    Really very nice!

Steve
    -----------
    Member, W.F. Moran Jr. Foundation
    ABS AP

8. Dusty One

Dusty One Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 12, 2004
    Very Nicely Done !

9. Jsega51

Jsega51 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    Looks real nice and I usually look for a lot of color variation in amber stag, just like your scales have. Plunge grinds look spot on even and the guard fit looks nice and tight. Well done!

10. mknife

mknife KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 3, 2006
    Thank a lot friends appreciate your comments!

:):):)thank you!
    but they are as it happens ... sometimes full of glue, other black of abrasive paste etc ... one day I looked at my car mechanic who with the gloves dismounted and came back, I asked him: but do not lose sensitivity to the fingers? He replied by saying, yes a little, but it is more important that I touch my wife with clean hands!
    I do not use gloves, but I use a lot of hands-washes that often dry and split my skin. ;)

11. Craig Daniel

Craig Daniel

Feb 17, 2016
    Excellent craftsmanship, Fit, Finish and the stag is gorgeous.

mknife likes this.
  12. watermule

watermule

Nov 26, 2015
    Always a pleasure seeing your work, that stag is beautiful.
    Rob

mknife likes this.
  13. mknife

Jul 3, 2006
    Thanks friends

14. Grouser1741

Grouser1741

Apr 17, 2018
    Man that's a sweet looking blade. Got a link that shows the dying process?

mknife likes this.
  15. mknife

Jul 3, 2006
    Thank you.
    There are some coloring techniques that involve the use of hair dye, while others use potassium permanganate. The knife you see posted here has the colored deer according to a secret process applied by Culpepper (https://www.knifehandles.com). I don't know the Culpepper process.... I can tell you that the deer horn is almost certainly dipped in hot oils and dyes...