1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Drop Point Hunter Variant

Discussion in 'Custom & Handmade Knives' started by TK Steingass, Sep 6, 2020.

1. TK Steingass

TK Steingass Knifemaker - Buckeye Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 16, 2010
    Greetings All:

My interpretation of the Loveless Dropped Hunter - the 1075 flat ground blade has a hamon - the ricasso is rounded but the cutting edge drops below the ricasso for extended sharpening life. The blade is more pointy with less belly than the original - thumb serrations on the spine. Black G-10, mosaic pins, tapered tang with red liners, and stainless furniture. Same overall dimensions as original: 8 1/4" OAL, 4" BL. All comments welcome

Steingass-DH-2.jpg

2. Scott Hanson

Scott Hanson Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 6, 2014
    Very nice looking knife and sheath Tim, I like when the edges are dropped below the ricasso like that, I make almost all mine like that.

3. R APPLEBY

R APPLEBY KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 11, 2003
    Nice Tim.