Dude! I Pimped My KLVUK!

OH HELL YEAH!!!!.........PUGS!!!! I don't even know what to say! This is ridiculous cool brother! I didnt even know you could do leather like this. Even with the progress pics you sent me which were very cool btw i wasn't expecting to see this! You could quit your day job anytime you wanted:D. The scallops and texturing are sweet! The finish is smooth the stitching is absolutely perfect! Dude you are good to say the least!!! I gotta borrow one of your pics I hope ya dont mind. I have to show something! Ill put some more up when I get some daylight.

9573c683d20f11fa01b2336fe9d4dbda

AWWWW DUDE!!!.............Beavertail!!!!!!!!!! ! I cant freekin believe this!! I just opened this little green package sent with my sheath and its a beavertail sheath for my little KLVFKK (Christmas Kag)! Love the Sam Browne stud! Watch out beavers! ndog is after ya now! Gotta go im almost in tears!

I am very happy you like it, and thank you for the kind words, made me blush a bit :) I knew you would like that little extra I sent ya. Enjoy her my friend, she should serve you well.

I wore it around the house last night just to see how the fit and feel would be and actually forgot about it. The "D" ring on the strap lets it slide front and back with your leg like when you sit down it just folds up with your leg. Stand up and it drops right back down. I can now see there was a lot of thought into this design. Sure did want to take it to work today:D. I gotta find a new job clearing trails or something:thumbup:

I wore it around the house last night just to see how the fit and feel would be and actually forgot about it. The "D" ring on the strap lets it slide front and back with your leg like when you sit down it just folds up with your leg. Stand up and it drops right back down. I can now see there was a lot of thought into this design. Sure did want to take it to work today:D. I gotta find a new job clearing trails or something:thumbup:

You hit it right on the head, that's exactly why I use the d-ring, it moves with you and does not bind when you sit .

yeah everytime I talk myself out of making pugs work , but man you guys make it hard not to harass the guy to make me sheaths for antiques

I knew he was gonna cry when he opened it, I just knew it. Go ahead and cry, we'll all cry with you, unmanly yes of course but let it out. Crap, sgt just walked by and asked why I was crying?.......Told him I got Hoppes #9 in my eye, his reply was both of them? Yup.

That's gorgeous. More pictures when the tears go away. We dig pictures around here.

WHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!! Im cryin cause I freekin had to leave it at home today and go to work:mad: My Micro AKB helped ease the pain tho. I strapped it on my belt today! Ha!!! Nobody said a thing! Hope I dont have a pink slip in my next paycheck:eek:
Ill get some pics soon as I get some daylight! Works kinda getting in the way of my blade habit lately. Pugs! Did I tell you this thing is bad to the bone??? I gotta get me a strap so I can try it baldric!

I knew he was gonna cry when he opened it, I just knew it. Go ahead and cry, we'll all cry with you, unmanly yes of course but let it out. Crap, sgt just walked by and asked why I was crying?.......Told him I got Hoppes #9 in my eye, his reply was both of them? Yup.

That's gorgeous. More pictures when the tears go away. We dig pictures around here.

Since My KLVUK's turned out to be such good all around blades I decided to have one of our favorite Leatherbenders (That'd be Pugs) make me a sheath for my favorite KLVUK. Since his piggyback was such a great idea we decided to put it to the test. I wanted the leather to match the dark satisal handle with the redish tints and he nailed it perfectly! I also wanted the option to carry baldric so he put straps as well as a D-ring for belt carry. As far as texturing I wanted it to match the texture of the scale on the blade. As you can see it was beautifully done! There was one more addition to this sheath and it was to be able to carry my KLFVKK (villager Kagas Katne) as a Karda.

5b0db96ac487be30832e693716f26dc9

The stitching is all set into the leather so you dont wear it out, snag, or abrade it. Lines and scallops followed the stitching and really set everything off nicely.

4d18260c89fab426f2974a8f2477393f

The end result was a bombproof rig that slipped through the brush like a wet snake. The open back style with the snap retained the blade perfectly with no issues.

c37e08fd0bcb544f1141d6326f5724f3

Check out that stitching! The loop is to retain the piggyback and allow it to be removed for carry as you wish.

43200781401769932390bdb1d0c70876

Hows that for sleek!

7b57e8bb3c7575a39bccc40fa1e61147

I was concerned that the piggyback and the baldric strap might get snagged on brush and such but I dragged this rig through a days work of cutting firewood through thick Youpon and dried up oak branches but had no issues whatsoever with it. I was carrying a chainsaw all day with this rig and at times felt I had to check to make sure it was still there because I couldnt feel it. Thats where the D-ring did its job. As I dragged it across brush and such it would flex and slide over whatever presented itself. Great design Pugs:thumbup: I did pop the main snap loose once but that was because I got my tshirt under it and pulled it up hard to wipe the sweat from my face so that dont count:D It would have not gone anywhere anyway.

514a5f053f8c59a3e09b386ea8294f83

Now here was an unexpected treat! A beavertail sheath for my Kag! Absolutely Khul! Ill take some beaver heat from ya Pugs!

2e4f23c6c19ba4ab79e1995da450f4d1

And with a Sam Browne stud for some Khulness. This sheath can be swapped out for a piggyback ride as well or be used to pack an extra Kag if desired. Well done Pugs! I feel privileged to carry this rig! Thanks for a fine job:thumbup:

Last edited:
Very nice pics indeed Ndog. You take the best pic for sure, im very happy you like it, it should serve you well. It looks that it has passed one of many endurance tests for sure. And your right on the stitching, it is recessed and should never get caught on anything. The color came out very good, when in the sun you can see the red in it just like the handle, its hard to match perfect but this one was close. Thank you for the kind words, enjoy them.

That's about the primest looking beaver I ever did lay eyes on. I see a mass exodus of beaver cousins migrating to Texas. Might want to sleep with a garbage can over your head so they can't chew your head off so easily while ya sleep. Excellent pics and a fine looking rig.

Am I to understand that the beaver can ride piggy back too? Either or? How sweet is that. Nifty idea right there.

Yep! You can actually put both of them on together if ya wanted! I figure im safe for a few days from them beavers. They still gotta cross the Mississippi!
That's about the primest looking beaver I ever did lay eyes on. I see a mass exodus of beaver cousins migrating to Texas. Might want to sleep with a garbage can over your head so they can't chew your head off so easily while ya sleep. Excellent pics and a fine looking rig.

Am I to understand that the beaver can ride piggy back too? Either or? How sweet is that. Nifty idea right there.

GREAT WORK...beautifull knife!!!!..
th KLVUK is a wonderfull tool, great balance, and incredibly versatile, its a knife to fall inlove with.

I went for the rough look, even did a patina on the grinding, and the rusty look on both faces...

Yep! You can actually put both of them on together if ya wanted! I figure im safe for a few days from them beavers. They still gotta cross the Mississippi!

I heard it was a priority call so they didn't swim the mighty Miss, they used the bridge. Might be sooner than ya think.

Might stock up on jewelry, I hear they like shiney baubles, maybe you can bribe em. Or is that violets? Same difference.

Yep I figured we needed to take some heat off ourselves, so I had to make him one, now between you and I they have to stop at his place first.

Yep I figured we needed to take some heat off ourselves, so I had to make him one, now between you and I they have to stop at his place first.

I find that comforting myself. I had a large squirrel cross my path in the back lot this morning and at first glance I thought crap they found me. If was a rather tense fight or flee moment for sure. Just so everyone knows, I wet myself and fled like a rookie tenderfoot.

Next time the bawanna bowie will be in my teeth, what few I have left and I'll be saying, come and get it ya know.

Oh Crap! Something just came in the doggie door and all my dogs are already inside! They must have been airlifted here! Arrrrg! Ive fed the dogs six times today i just dont get it? What the heck is goin on?:eek: Thats it! Im gonna put my whole EDC pile under my pillow tonight!

Don't forget the garbage can over your head, the heavy metal ones. Takes longer for the beavers to chew thru, buys ya a little time.

Back