Dumb Leek question

Am I misremembering, or did Kershaw used to make liner lock Leeks with a G-10 scale? Can't seem to find any evidence one way or the other, but for some reason I want a framelock Random Leek with a G-10 scale. AFAIK there don't seem to be aftermarket scales for Leeks despite their massive popularity.

But why hasn't Flytanium or someone else taken up scale manufacture given the Leek's longstanding market penetration? Inquiring minds wanna know.

There was also the 1660TG10... Random blade shape, S30V, G10 handles, liner lock.

Leek_1660TG10_20240422_3756x2094.jpg

But why hasn't Flytanium or someone else taken up scale manufacture given the Leek's longstanding market penetration? Inquiring minds wanna know.

I'd wager that the consensus is the Leek's popularity is largely with the uninformed/non-hobbyist knife community. The average Leek owner isn't interested in modifications or improvements...they picked it up on sale at Wal Mart or some sporting goods store and are going to beat on it until they lose it, break it, or replace it. Not many die-hard knife guys are picking up a Leek as a platform for mods.

I'd wager that the consensus is the Leek's popularity is largely with the uninformed/non-hobbyist knife community. The average Leek owner isn't interested in modifications or improvements...they picked it up on sale at Wal Mart or some sporting goods store and are going to beat on it until they lose it, break it, or replace it. Not many die-hard knife guys are picking up a Leek as a platform for mods.
Not to mention the hundreds of variants over the years. All gold leek yup they have that, how about a rainbow leek yup.

Literally every single color has been done on a Leek.

Back