"Dune" blades!

I just finished watching the SciFi Channel's first segment of Frank Herbert's "Dune" saga. Somebody made some wicked double edged recurve fighting knives for this production! Very dificult looking grind, anybody know who made them? If anyone is interested the second part is tomorrow night. -Guy Thomas

There was quite a variety in the movie. I wasn't able to get a good look at all of the knives in the scene where Paul and Guerney were sparring. I could only make out the stout looking clip point that Guerney had in his right hand, I think. I caught some quick glimpses of a couple of others that reminded me of either a Piorek or Hartsfield knife. They were moving to quick to get a good look. I liked the Persian shown in the trailer for part two. That looked like a sweet knife.

This adaptation of Dune is much better than the first one. Though I do prefer Capt. Picard as Guerney.

------------------
Win if can, lose if you must, but always cheat.

Originally posted by Dirk:
There was quite a variety in the movie. I wasn't able to get a good look at all of the knives in the scene where Paul and Guerney were sparring. I could only make out the stout looking clip point that Guerney had in his right hand, I think. I caught some quick glimpses of a couple of others that reminded me of either a Piorek or Hartsfield knife. They were moving to quick to get a good look. I liked the Persian shown in the trailer for part two. That looked like a sweet knife.

This adaptation of Dune is much better than the first one. Though I do prefer Capt. Picard as Guerney.

Yeah, Gurney Halleck looks like he's wheezing and generally out of breath. Yeah, Patrick Stewart does make a better G. H.

Don't know what was in the movie, in the book the Fremen blade was made from the tooth of a worm, and sacred to the Fremen, a lot like some of us, wish I could find a worm tooth.

The URL for the website for teh show is as follows: http://www.scifi.com/dune/ and it is very, very graphics heavy, so expect a long load time. My server is taking forever at the moment, so I cannot tell you if they have any good pictures of any blades, but I suspect that they will. Good hunting.

------------------
Walk in the Light,
Hugh Fuller

Back