Durango brand boots any good?

Anyone got any experience with this brand?

I'm looking at these to wear on the job as a CO...mostly pounding concrete with the occasional run and the even less frequent "stomping into a mudhole" of a recalcitrant choirboy.

Any thoughts?

Tall harness boots

My only suggestion would be try some on before ordering. The ones you show have a riding heel which is taller and smaller than a Roper type of heel. I wear riding heels in Justin Ropers for riding but find they make my feet tired when walking much faster the the Ropers do. Even if you can't find the brand you want locally you should try the different style heels to see which you think wil feel better after eight to ten hours on your feet.

Also the traditional hard sole takes it toll on feet as well. Ariat makes a crepe sole Roper in black which would be much more comfortable after a long day. Probably have a better grip when running as well...

http://www.bootbarn.com/itemview/view/view/view/view/6939

Last edited:
...Ah, but therein lies the rub. I can't wear normal cowboy boots. I'd looked around at the varieties of square-toed boots, and settled on a harness boot as being about the best bet for me, style-wise (I have a touch of gout, coupled with a lifetime of going barefoot, which results in me being a splay-toed tenderfoot, unfortunately). I've got a good pair of jump boots, but they drive me crazy because the zipper on the side rides up so high that it sets off the metal detectors at the unit, and I have to pull my boots off every day, just to go to work!! AIIIIGGGHH!!! With these, I figure the metal rivets on the harness should fall low enough that they don't trip it, and if they do, it's a lot easier to slip 'em on and off, at need. The trade-off is that they're not really built for running. These things, I know.

More than anything, I'm just concerned about whether or not Durango makes a good boot. I've heard of the brand, but I don't really pay much attention to cowboy boots, for the reasons listed above. If anyone has any direct experience with Durangos, though, I'd be glad to hear it--If I'm going to pay $80 for a boot, I'd like it to last more than a year, y'know? Also, I assume from looking at it that these boots would be resolable. Anyone know for sure?

Thanks!

As far as the brand goes, I had some steel toe Durango boots that made it for over two years of being soaked and dried every workday. Looked like crap, though.

As with most footwear today, Durango boots will most likely be made in China or some such place. I avoid boots with the soles only glued on, since many leather treatments seem to kill the bond.

Too bad most makers don't offer the old round toed "cowboy" boots. They fit my flat feet best.

Yea,I think if your looking for cowboy style boots,that will last for everyday use,you're going to need something better than Durango and probably something that'll be quite a it more expensive.I've never owned a pair of Durangos,looking at those,I would think they would break in pretty hard and not be very comfortable until they do.Right now,I have Acme,Abilene and Boulette,I think that's how it's spelled,the most comfortable are the Abilene,but they're snakeskin,the Boulettes are lacers so I don't know how there boots are for sure,they are a very soft leather with a nice fit and break in very easy.I tried a time or two to wear boots for work but always went back to a lace up boot.

From what I remember from my youth (20 years ago) Durango was a good lower cost brand. Of course like everything over time the quality may have diminished.

As far as foot problems are concerned I can sympathize. My ankle was fused 3 years ago. Now if I wear anything taller than a Roper heel it causes problems. Last year I broke three bones in my foot due to stress from too tall a heel.

could any tell me the brand of this harness boot by looking at its sole, I m trying to find out the brand for more than 2 months, could any 1 here help me out??? the picture of the sole is my profile picture

Back