E handles..... BM & SH II plus variants.

During my recent trip to the USA, I picked up the blades on the following page ....
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=915725&a=6733201&p=22578993

The E-handle takes getting used to. I am so used to flex my wrist to get some chopping done, that I also did this with the E. Well, won't work. My wife had better results with the E SH II ..... and then I saw why. She just swung and hit the tree ...me, all fancy, flexed the wrist and no go.

The handles are on spec and very comfortable .... I am sold on them. The double gound fighter ..... sweet as music, deadly as a Mamba.

Did I tell you about the Mamba ...no sissy snake that rattles and all ....it just goes for the kill ....no dancing, no song and one of the few snakes that will chase you. 10ft is not unheard off and packs enough venom to kill 100 adults ...... not your garden variety!!

[This message has been edited by Aubrey (edited 06-11-2000).]

Hey Aubrey - do you like Busse's?

I haven't yet had the pleasure of handling an E-handled Busse, but upon looking at pictures of them I wonder if the shape exposes the knuckles a bit. Perhaps you can tell me, Aubrey, when chopping with an E-handled SHII on a flat surface, is there any danger of whacking your knuckles on the chopping surface?

Good question ...had to go and try it out !

The answer is ....yes, it does expose the knuckles when chopping on a flat surface but .....so does the standard handles ..... and all my other knives.

Just an observation ....Because the wrist is relaxed when chopping ...I find that shock is better handled with the E version.

BTW ...What gave you the idea I like Busse blades?
biggrin.gif

Love the fighter!! Gotta have one...

------------------
Riley
Do it right,or not at all.

Nice Aubrey, does the new handle seem better suited for use on a fighter? Also, is the blade narrower (edge to spine...profile from side) on the new models vs. the standard models (it appears so in photos)?

[This message has been edited by Strabs (edited 06-12-2000).]

Andy or Jerry will have to help here. I am not sure that the dimensions on my fighter is the production standard.....Help Andy !!!

Regarding the E handle on a fighter. If you are willing to unlearn all that wrist flexing ...takes about 30 minutes ....the E handle does feel more natural. The double edge SH II fighter is super quick and the reduction in blade weight due to double grind makes this a very neutral feeling design.

I have not chopped with it so I cannot comment on the ability .....

My straight handled SHII (recent production) has a 9/32" thick blade and a 5/16" thick tang. This combination makes for a rather beefy, well-balanced knife. The knife's dimensions, coupled with it's blade geometry, make it a very effective tool for completely destroying any number of inanimate objects. Though Aubrey's knives may appear slightly thinner at the spine, I would venture to guess that they too are pretty effective.

Keep on chopping in the free world.

Great collection Aubrey.
If I didn't know better, I'd think you were trying to get a jump on the rest of us for the next Busse knife naming contest. The Busse "Mamba Dancer" does have a certain ring to it.
smile.gif
smile.gif

------------------
Semper Fi

Aubrey's knives were hand ground by Jerry personally as a function of his order, and are extremely close to the production standard...

The E models are in fact, slightly narrower than the straight handled designs...and Aubrey's comments on use and less fatigue are on spec in terms of what the results of the E design allow. Overall length dimensions and thickness dimensions have remained, for the most part, unchanged.

The E design has been the most well thought out, and expensive (from a production standpoint) knife from Busse Combat in its history. Jerry is extremely proud of it, and I know Aubrey's comments are doing Jerry good here (while he views the forums from a seated position while grinding, and Jennifer clicks around for him
smile.gif
)

------------------
Andy Prisco, Manager
Sharper Instinct, LLC
Phone: 1-201-493-2469
Orders-Toll Free: 1-877-557-5200
Fax: 1-201-493-2039
Visa & Mastercard Accepted

Authorized Dealers:
Busse Combat Knives and Big East Traditional Bows

Professional Shooting Svcs: Corporate Training and Stress Mgmt.

Busse Combat Variant Temp. HQ http://home.earthlink.net/~gregrnamin/andy/sharper.htm

Sharper Instinct Website www.sharperinstinct.com

Back