E model update.

Jerry Busse

For those of you inquiring as to the status of the E models let me give you the official update. We had run into some major delays with our laser cutter and have been hustling to make up for lost time. It is currently difficult to predict the exact date of completion because it seems that when we do we find ourselves faced with yet another delay from an outside source.

Having completed the heat treating, tempering, and primary bevel grinding this week, we delivered our blades to the coater only to discover that their large furnace was being torn apart for a complete rebuild. We were referred to another coater who is able to do the job for us but who has much longer turn around times than our other source. We are now in a waiting game with the coater and are hoping for promised deliveries to be met. After the coating the knives are handled, sharpened and then delivered. All of these delays are beyond our control but we will continue to update you as the process continues. We do not expect this to put us more than 3 weeks beyond July for the first batch. Thank you all very much for your patience and be assured that your knives will be well worth the wait. If you have any questions and or concerns please feel free to send them directly to me at busse@bright.net

Yours in nuclear toughness,

Jerry Busse

Hey brother...you make a good point here, but the blades are at the coater, or going to the coater, or something like that, so bead blast is out. Maybe something like that will be available in the future.

------------------
Andy Prisco, Manager
Sharper Instinct, LLC
Phone: 1-201-493-2469
Orders-Toll Free: 1-877-557-5200
Fax: 1-201-493-2039
Visa & Mastercard Accepted

Authorized Dealers:
Busse Combat Knives and Big East Traditional Bows

Professional Shooting Svcs: Corporate Training and Stress Mgmt.

Custom Variant HeadQuarters http://home.earthlink.net/~gregrnamin/andy/sharper.htm

Sharper Instinct Website www.sharperinstinct.com

sniff shiff
frown.gif

Well, i could whine and bitch and so on..... and i uttered a fairly loud expletive when i read that post..... But i trust Jerry to be getting them to us as fast as he can. And i think it will be worth the wait, as he stated.

Besides, what am i going to do, beat him up?
wink.gif

Andy: Please tell me i'm in the first batch (Even if you have to lie)
smile.gif

James

------------------
The beast we are, lest the beast we become.

It should be noted that Jerry has promised me that my customer's knives are included in the first batch off the production line...so my orders will be filled in concert with shop direct orders simultaneously.

I ordered even MORE knives than my orders called for so I could fill orders to those wanting two, or waiting to the last minute.

I should be going to the Busse shop this weekend for roundtable discussion about this issue, among others. Hope to pick up a few Variants I have been waiting on as well.

Thanks to all for your support.

------------------
Andy Prisco, Manager
Sharper Instinct, LLC
Phone: 1-201-493-2469
Orders-Toll Free: 1-877-557-5200
Fax: 1-201-493-2039
Visa & Mastercard Accepted

Authorized Dealers:
Busse Combat Knives and Big East Traditional Bows

Professional Shooting Svcs: Corporate Training and Stress Mgmt.

Custom Variant HeadQuarters http://home.earthlink.net/~gregrnamin/andy/sharper.htm

Sharper Instinct Website www.sharperinstinct.com

No rush no worries, take your time. When the blades are ready they WILL be OURS! Till then lets give Andy and Jerry some peace...

------------------
It is all Greek to me

Ya know, Jerry wouldn't have any "laser cutter problems" if he hadn't bolted the laser to a satellite and launched it out into outer space to threaten the world with total Busse Combat Domination.

Yours in "Dr. Strangelove" nuclear domination

Don

------------------
Don LeHue

Rome did not create a great empire by having meetings...they did it by killing all those who opposed them.

Thanks for giving us an update Jerry.
It's infinitly better to wait for a truly first class knife then to settle for a piece of junk to satisfy some arbitrary sense of urgency.
Take all the time you need, you'll get no heat from me.

Warm Regards,
Rich

Back